Priceline Hotel: 3* Detroit Suburbs (Bloomfield Hills) Radisson Hotel Detroit-Bloomfield Hills

toram23901
By toram23901,
in

Long story short...

Looking for a hotel stay in the area - selected between Troy, Auburn Hills and Bloomfield Hills.

Through free rebidding - ended up with the Radisson Hotel on Woodward for $53 a night.

The past 4 years, I have enjoyed stays ranging between $43 to $47 a night.  I'm hoping that the price is not a permanent increase, as this is basically a 10+% jump since my last stay in the area back in May.

Congratulations on your success!

Rates are date specific so these may be busier dates then you've encountered in the past, but as the economy has improved we have seen rates (both thru 'traditional' and 'opaque' channels) increase over the last few years. The two often go hand-in-hand, so while this $5 increase over your previous wins may not be what you'd like to see happening, if you follow hotel direct rates you'll likely see an even sharper increase there (and anything near $50 for a 3* hotel i think is still an excellent deal)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to say that the $53 / night was actually in Canadian Dollars.  This is a change from past Priceline bids where they usually charged me in US$.  So in fact, it was not appropriate of me to "complain" about the price going up, as the difference is close to the current exchange rate difference.

I wanted to clarify this point.  It is possible that Priceline is doing a currency conversion automatically, which I do not like, but that is a separate issue.

You can change the currency to whatever you'd like by using the drop down menu on the top right corner of their home page.

When reporting your win using our customer forms (when you click the "ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" or the "SHARE YOU WIN" button) we also have the ability to report your win in whatever currency you used. Just click the default USD$ and select whatever currency you'd like, we take care of the conversion on our backend and edit the topic title to US Dollars so that rates are consistent throughout the board and not subject to interpretation based upon future exchange rates.

Glad to see the rates here did not increase from your previous wins.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]