Priceline Hotel: 4* Calgary Downtown Hyatt

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

Bid this through savingsbarn .... for my parents.

I first tried many bids for lower star levels in other zones ... and after rejecting at $33 - 3*, $31 - 2.5* $27 - 2* figured might as well go for this. It seems always available from posts on TOBB.

http://calgary.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Your Offer Price: $40.00 (US dollars)

Downtown Calgary

700 Centre Street South

Calgary, Alberta T2G5P6

403-717-1234

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 7

Subtotal: $280.00 (US dollars)

Taxes and

Service Fees: $27.25 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $307.25 (US dollars)

I am slowly trying to get them to upgrade their tastes ... BUT giving up the free parking and continental breakfasts at a travelodge for a luxury hotel like the Hyatt isn't a no-brainer for them.

I had to show my dad Expedia's prices .... 2*'s were $80-$100Can while the Hyatt goes for $200. That way he saw the value when I said "you absolutely must go for the 4*".

Priceline is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, thesqueegeekid!

Your parents will love the Hyatt Calgary. I think it's a beautiful hotel and enjoyed my stay there -- very contemporary, yet they combined some of the historic structure in their remodel. I might just be tempted to give it an extra 1/2*.

I am stunned at the price you got. I'm sure I paid about $180 C. Maybe you should do my hotel shopping! :)

Cheers.

The price is more than likely less than $40 BUT PL requires a minimum bid of $40 for 4*'s so it is hard to find out. In some cases like Burnaby, BC, I bid $30 and got upgraded to 4* .... but for Calgary, there is a Marriott that takes all the $30-something bids.

Thanks for your comments about the Hyatt ... I wish I cpuld join them for the trip but not for the family affair, just to check out the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]