Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Juan (Condado) Doubletree

Chukchi
By Chukchi,
in

Be careful. I was looking for a 4* hotel on the beach in San Juan but had not included the beachfront amenity in my search and ended up with the Hilton Doubletree which appears to recently have been raised to a 4* hotel level. I'll likely end up eating this and booking a beachfront property as the pool area doesn't look that big and though they have a Beach Club relationship with their sister hotel(s), that no longer includes La Concha, just Isla Verde Courtyard by Marriott which requires a cab, no shuttle. I'm sure it's a nice hotel, but we're not interested in flying all the way from Boston to be in the city. Do you know when the Doubletree graduated to a 4* status?

Very sorry to hear that the result is a disappointment. Hopefully you'll be able to work it out so as to not have to book something entirely different.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating for this property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Please keep us updated with what you decide on - you may want to consider Hot.wire in order to try to ID a particular property that will be a better fit for the location you're looking for.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Sorry to see that you don't like the outcome.

I have moved your thread to the Hot.wire section

Thanx for reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

I don't know when HOTWIRE upgraded this property.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We hope you find the hotel better then expected.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

As you say you are coming from Boston, and the above dates look to be only a one nite stay, i assume this is part of a longer trip... did you buy one nite in order to learn which hotel it was and now need additional nites, do you already have a different hotel to stay for the balance of your trip, or is this for a pre-cruise/post-cruise stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's what it shows for amenities when I click on "Your active trips" in Hotwire.

Hotel Amenities

Free Internet
Near Beach
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Self service laundry
Internet access
Golf Nearby
Spa Services
Accessibility
Accessible for the blind
Accessible for the deaf
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Handicapped parking
Roll-in shower

I've reserved rooms at the Caribe Hilton for 2 nights following (Fri/Sat) and El Conquistador for 2 nights after that (Sun/Mon). We 100% want to be at El Conquistador for the last 2 nights, so didn't want to chance that, but the 1st 3 I was hoping for Caribe, Concha, Stellaris or even Gran Melia for the 1st night then back to one of those for Fri/Sat. BTW, I thought I had used the link from this site on the original purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]