Hotwire Hotel: Need Help 5* MMN/WT

John and Tami
By John and Tami,
in

This would be a possible match for the Peninsula, as that has been reported to the board with that amenity set previously on Hot.wire. That said, a pretty great price for a 5* downtown in general.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am looking again for the same dates, sept 26-28.

MMN - WT, 4.5*, $200 bidding helper list:

indoor pool, fitness, pool, restaurant, biz ctr, internet access

MMN-RN, 4.5, $212

pet friendly, indoor pool, smoke free, fitness, restaurant, pool, biz ctr, internet access, access for blind, access for deaf, access for path of travel, in room access, access bath, handicap parking, roll in shower

Any ideas? Thanks. I used HOTWIRE link and bidding helper again.

4.5* Mag Mile-WT - likely Hyatt (on St Clair). If you go with this property, just ask for a room on a high floor. I've never had an issue when I stayed here when it was a Wyndham, but some people have complained in reviews over the years about street noise from the nearby hospital. I've actually found this to be one of the quietest properties I've stayed at downtown (at least in my experience.)

4.5* Mag Mile-RN - likely Intercontinental. I'd try not to get a room facing North if you go with this property.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The rooms that face North in the newer (non-upgraded) tower look square at the building next door  (it's worse right in the middle vs the sides). It's a very nice hotel with a rather fascinating history (and a great location), but some rooms don't offer a real appealing view.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches..

Closing this out. We booked direct with The Drake because that is where our friends are staying. We did the drive in special (60% off valet), executive level, $329. I would have done things differently (I think we could have had the trump for the same price on hotwire right now), but I am very happy to stay at the same property and floor as our friends who have never been to Chicago. Solid, iconic (Hilton) hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]