ROC 08/14-08/17 Bidding Assistance

PMLM
By PMLM,
in

I am trying to bid a rental car on priceline for

ROC 08/14-08/17 (8pm to 8pm)

I've bid up to $20 on each car I possibly could with no luck.

I am not picky on the type of car but would prefer to NOT drive the tiniest car available (compact).

Am I bidding too early? It's not a huge city so I'm pretty sure there are plenty of cars available.

Any advice?

(I live here, I'm just renting the car to go out of town. I don't want to book an alternative...if worse comes to worse I will drive my own car but would prefer a rental)

Use our Car Rental Rate Checker to check and compare rates ('retail' rates as well as those from HOTWIRE and PRICELINE)

I'm guessing you're looking more in the $21-$24 rates to be successful (HOTWIRE has a Midsize care for $105 all-in if this would be of any interest)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just like hotel rooms, car rental rates are date and location specific.

There could be an event/festival/conference happening in town during these dates which is driving up demand (and prices) or it could be fewer car rental companies in the area so with less competition it's easier to keep rates high (car rental rates in Florida are often very inexpensive... i wouldn't use your Tampa rate for any type of comparison to your Buffalo rental).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]