Priceline Hotel: Chicago - 27 Sept to 1st Oct

wrexter
By wrexter,
in

Hi All

Need help on bidding on a hotel in Chicago. 

Ideally looking for a 4* Hotel in the following areas with a budget of about $120 or lower if possible

Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area
North Michigan Ave - River North Area (Preffered)

Thanks for your help

Are you willing to pay more to stay in the NMA-River North zone vs. the Loop zone OR is the goal the least expensive 4* or better in either of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based on the rates I'm seeing, unfortunately I think a 4* in the Loop may take a bit more than $120 (possibly $125-140), but a 4* in the NMA area may take around $150 ($145-155 +/-)  Are your dates at all flexible? If there was any way you could back up your stay to 9/22-26 instead, there definitely would be options around the $120-125 level on HOTWIRE - and likely less via bidding.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would prefer the least expensive 4* in those zones, don't have to stay River North zone.

I don't mind raising my budget to the $125 to $140 if required. My dates are not flexible unfortunately as the flights in and out are booked. Is there a possibility that rates may fall if i wait till about a month to travel?

Thanks for your help

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

As of this morning I wouldn't be too surprised if it took another $10/nite to succeed at the 4* level, but let's start with the above and we'll take it from there if $140 is turned down.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to see that you didn't hit anything.

How would you like to proceed?

You still have time on your side. Would you like to wait and try $140 again or would you like to try to close this stay now and raise your budget or lower the star rating for the hotel?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

HOTWIRE has what looks like the Crowne Plaza Metro for $151/nite OR the very well reviewed Hotel Burnham if that is worth the extra $20/nite per nite than you have been bidding.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

I'm seeing what appears to be the Crowne Plaza Metro for $151 and what appears to be the Burnham for $161. While unfortunately over your desired budget, I do think the Burnham is absolutely worth the $10 over the potential Crowne Plaza. The Burnham is in one of the city's most architecturally significant buildings, which was carefully restored - it's a unique mix of classic architecture and modern features. It's also a well-reviewed Kimpton property.  The prices you see may differ slightly. 

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]