Priceline Hotel: New York - Sept 16-23

wrexter
By wrexter,
in

Hi All

can you please assist me in finding a reasonable hotel in Manhattan from 16th to 23rd Sept.

Don't really know where to stay, want to be reasonably close to transport and safe area. Would like to keep budget around $150 a night but this may not be achievable.

I see a fellow member scored the Hilton Manhattan East for $140 a night from 1st September, would be happy with that.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Miami Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above post.)

Additionally, for this above stay - do you have any points of interest that you want to be near, any plans? With bidding, you have to be willing to be anywhere in the selected zone, which may mean a hotel not *right* near transit.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi thank you for the reply

I am still looking for hotel in Miami and haven't selected.

There is no particular point of interest as long asi am reasonably close to transport. i dont know much about NYC but we dont mind walk 10/20 mins to a subway if that helps?

I am still looking for hotel in Miami and haven't selected.

Can you please respond the last question(s) posted in that thread and update with your current thoughts for that trip.

Have you made any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases for the other leg(s) of your trip?

Also, for NYC, what is your minimum star rating for this trip? As your budget is going to be a bit of a stretch we will need to know more information as far as what is important to you for this stay so we can come up with options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the moment there doesn't appear to be much difference in price between 3* and 4* hotels, but currently you'll likely need to be near $200/nite to be successful for either for these dates.

We can suggest a strategy for whatever bidding limit you'd like, but as i don't think your budget is enough for any zones in Manhattan, please let us know which zones you'd like to bid and/or if you're willing to increase your budget at all, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm ok, is there a possibility that prices can reduce in the next couple of weeks as we get closer (i.e. 1 month before)?

I do understand NY is more expensive than other cities and am prepared to pay up to $200, especially for a 4*. But if there is a possibility of paying less by waiting a week or two i dont mind.

I thought September would be a quieter time with better rates?

Can you please suggest zones in NY?

Unfortunately, NYC becomes expensive in September and rates remain high until around halfway through December, with few exceptions. There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to your stay, but traditionally this is a busy period - rates can also go higher. I would recommend Midtown, although Midtown East, Empire State Building and MSG are often less expensive than Times Square and Midtown West. Given how busy the period is, I'd try as many options as possible to give yourself more of a chance - Central Park South and Chelsea are also worth considering.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]