Hotwire Hotel: Please help identify DC hotels

Hafster
By Hafster,
in

Scouting for good deal on 4 or 4.5* hotels. I’ve already got a refundable booking at the Willard – so can pull the trigger as soon as I see the right opportunity.

Check-in: August 21
Check-out: August 29

1 Room

3 Adults, 1 child (under 18)

Here’s what I saw today – kindly help identify.

1) 4.5* Dupont Circle – Embassy Row area. $112/night

Amenities:

Free Internet
Smoke Free Rooms
Fitness Center
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Accessibility
Accessible for the blind
Accessible for the deaf
Accessible path of travel

The Dupont Circle Hotel?

2) 4* Capitol Hill - National Mall area. $114/night

Amenities:
Pet friendly
Smoke Free Rooms
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Internet access
Spa Services
Accessible for the blind

The Liaison Capitol Hill?

3) 4* White House - Downtown area. $117/night

Amenities:
Indoor pool(s)
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Internet access
Tennis Nearby
Accessible for the blind
Accessible path of travel

Grand Hyatt Washington?

Thanks!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... or the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct bookings.

What is yoru back-up rate at The Willard?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For 4.5* Dupont Circle - Embassy Row:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

For 4* Capitol Hill - National Mall:
FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

For 4* White House - Downtown:

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

I've got an average rate of $195 (all-in) for the Willard (using points for one night).

Best guess/comments for each:

For 4.5* Dupont Circle - Embassy Row:

--> The Dupont Circle Hotel

For 4* Capitol Hill - National Mall:

--> Washington Court Hotel

For 4* White House - Downtown:

--> Grand Hyatt Washington

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks - one question on the Capitol Hill property. When I use the regular Hotwire link from your website, it's showing me a different set of amenities than what I got using the green button on biddinghelper. The main link shows "pet friendly" and "spa services", which the green button doesn't. Could that be two different hotels? Those two amenities got me thinking it might be the Liaison. Thanks

Likely two different properties, my thoughts/guess:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> The Liaison Capitol Hill

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

--> Washington Court Hotel

Let us know what you decide.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

At these prices, I will go for one of these rather than the Willard. I'm leaning towards the DuPont Circle property and the Downtown one (any color you can add to help choosing between these 2 would be greatly appreciated). But main question (if you're able to answer): I am really holding out in the hope that a more interesting property might show up in this price range, but at the same time don't want to lose out on these ones if it doesn't. What's your experience of DC at that time of the year (last 2 weeks of August)? Is this worth holding out for a few days or would you recommend I go for one of these? Thanks

There is really no way to know - with Hot.wire, you may see the same listings from now until your stay. Or, you may see different hotels tomorrow. Waiting is a bet: there is the possibility that rates could go up while you wait (over the last few years, demand has gone up and there's been less of the last minute price declines - rates can certainly go the other way and quickly, too.)

There is also the possibility that new listings appear that aren't more appealing or a listing may disappear entirely. Overall, waiting when trying to purchase a hotel (waiting for lower prices and/or different options) may prove successful, but it is a risk (and, as noted above, has been seen to be more of a risk in the last few years.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks. I'd go for the DuPont property, but the only hesitation I have is what I read about the noise (from bars at night and dump trucks early morning!). Not very familiar with DC - have only been there once on a business trip and stayed at the Willard for 2 nights. So I have a tiny bit of familiarity with the downtown area. I'll do a bit more research and report back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]