Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Riverwalk) Omni La Mansion Del Rio

blobula
By blobula,
in

Looking to visit San Antonio for a few days in February 2015. I've read reviews on the Omni La Mansion and it also seems some have been able to get a really good deal for this hotel.

I'm curious at what methods I could use to perhaps ensure I get this hotel? If I didn't win this particular hotel would other 4* hotels on the Riverwalk be just as good?

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post your dates for this upcoming stay.

You can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

You can view all hotels reported to the board in our Priceline and Hotwire Hotel Lists.

Let us know how you want to play this. If you want to stick with PRICELINE so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel and we'll help you with a bidding strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Dates would be 3 - 4 days starting 02/22/2015.

Different hotels may be offered, or pricing may be different, depending upon whether you are looking at a 3 day or 4 day day... when will you know, or what is the determining factor, of the length of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never been lucky enough to win a bid or express deal for the Omni.  I've heard wonderful things about it but can't say from personal experience if other hotels will match up to it. 

When I've bid and also done the express deals for 4* riverwalk hotels, I've always gotten the prices between $79 and $110.  We've stayed at the Hyatt Riverwalk (this is by far the kids favorite bc the windows are floor to ceiling and look out over the atrium and our fave bc it's close to the Alamo and mall), the Hilton Palacio Del Rio (not our favorite - all around bad experience and lack of customer service to make things right at this particular hotel) and the Grand Hyatt (which is farther away from the Riverwalk and we don't think as nice as the Hyatt Riverwalk). 

I don't know if you've also taken into account that the parking downtown is pricey (I've heard a lot of people complaining about parking prices).  I think we typically pay about $27 or so to valet (some hotels are valet only).

There's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal of $126/nt for a 4* Riverwalk, guest rating 8.0, amenities include (pool, restaurant, fitness center, business center, free internet) and bed choice for $126.  My guess would be the Hyatt Riverwalk for this one but I could be wrong -  A couple months ago we booked for a stay in November and got the Hyatt Riverwalk (the amenities and everything looks the same).

I'm seeing what appears to be the Omni La Mansion del Rio for $172/nite for your dates... or a 4* hotel with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating for $120/nite.

Alternately you could try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price but no way to target/guess as to the hotel you may receive (it may or may not be one of the ones above)

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

By their nature, 'opaque' travel purchases (where you learn the name of the hotel after your purchase) are non-refundable. You may be able to get a refund if you purchase the insurance, but it would depend upon the details of the policy which you would need to check/review to see what is covered.

• 5 months later...

Are you still looking for a 4* hotel? What is your maximum budget per nite (before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Perhaps something with an indoor pool as well?

There is no way to bid on a hotel with an indoor pool... PRICELINE EXPRESS will tell you if the hotel has a Pool (but not differentiate if the pool is indoor or outdoor) OR HOTWIRE will indicate if the hotel has a Indoor Pool, but currently i'm not seeing any hotels in the Riverwalk zone with an Indoor Pool.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has THIS 3.5* HOTEL (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $79/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... but i'm not sure which property this one is.

Would this work for your plans, OR if you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE, are you willing to accept any hotel in the Riverwalk zone? What star rating do you want to try for first... 4* and then if rejected up to your limit try for a 3.5* property OR do you want to try for a lower star rating/less expensive hotel for the onset?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Opening this thread back up as we have set dates in stone and will be leaving and arriving in San Antonio on 4/17 and leaving 4/22.  I can be flexible on my check in date because I could stay in a hotel around Sea World for a day or so if I can get the hotel I want by the Riverwalk.

I'm looking for a nice hotel 4* or 4.5*

I'd love to get Hotel Contessa (stayed there before), Omni La Mansion or something else that is nice on the Riverwalk. Needs to have a pool as well.

I see a 4* via Hotwire Easyview for the dates 4/17 - 4/22 with the following amenities for $146.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Also there is a 4.5* for $197  (Possibly Hyatt Regency or Hotel Contessa ?) 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

If I check in on 4/19 - 4/22 there is a 4.5* for $157 with these amenities... Contessa?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

There is also a 4" via Pricelines Express for $155 with the following amenities.

Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Business Center

Any ideas which hotels these might be?

Thank you for your help once again!

...if I can get the hotel I want by the Riverwalk.

Which hotel is it that you're hoping for? What is your maximum budget per nite (before fees/taxes)?

PS- and please provide the additional information requested in your Priceline Express Minneapolis thread.

Thanks.

PS- and please provide the additional information requested in your Priceline Express Minneapolis thread.

... then reply here and we will have a look at your most recent post above.

Thanks.

Best guess/comments for each:

4* via Hotwire Easyview for the dates 4/17 - 4/22 with the following amenities for $146.

==> my first guess would be the Omni La Mansion del Rio and a second guess of the Westin Riverwalk

Also there is a 4.5* for $197  (Possibly Hyatt Regency or Hotel Contessa ?) 

==> Mokara Hotel and Spa San Antonio

If I check in on 4/19 - 4/22 there is a 4.5* for $157 with these amenities... Contessa?

==> i'm not seeing this one currently on my own HOTWIRE search, but if you are, my guess here would be the Hyatt Regency San Antonio

There is also a 4" via Pricelines Express for $155 with the following amenities.

--> i checked for 4/17-4/22 and i'm guessing this one to be the Omni La Mansion Del Rio. If you see what looks like the same hotel for alternate dates that you are ready to purchase let us know and we will try to confirm that is indeed the same one and same guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for that info.

Just one more scenario with dates 04/20 - 04/24.  Looks to be the same hotels as you mentioned, but I just wanted to double check.

4.5* Riverwalk (Hotwire Easy View) - $185

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Mokara Hotel and Spa San Antonio? 

4* Riverwalk (Hotwire Easy View) - $149

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Omni or Westin?

4* Riverwalk (Priceline Express) - $154

Omni?

If I were to bid via Priceline do you think I could expect a lower rate for a 4.5* than what is being offered with Hotwire?

Just one more question hopefully it's ok to include in this thread. For 04/18 - 04/20

3* SeaWorld - Hill Country (Hotwire Easy View) - $96  

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Any idea on this?

3* San Antonio West - Sea World (Priceline Express) - $95

Amenities: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Free Internet, Free Breakfast, Business Center

Thank you so much. 

See my comments inline below:

4.5* Riverwalk (Hotwire Easy View) - $185

Mokara Hotel and Spa San Antonio? 

--> yes, i would agree

4* Riverwalk (Hotwire Easy View) - $149

Omni or Westin?

--> the Omni more likely than the Westin in my opinion, but either are possible

4* Riverwalk (Priceline Express) - $154

--> you'll need to include the amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with this property if you'd like us to have a look

If I were to bid via PRICELINE do you think I could expect a lower rate for a 4.5* than what is being offered with HOTWIRE?

--> it's possible, but if you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any 4.5* hotel in the zone and no way to take a guess as to what you may receive prior to your purchase

Just one more question hopefully it's ok to include in this thread. For 04/18 - 04/20

==> assuming this is for additional nites (and not alternate dates to the above) please post as a NEW TOPIC, a this will enable us to use the topic title to reflect your ultimate purchase

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]