Priceline Hotel: 4* Asheville Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

Asbestican
By Asbestican,
in

First off, thank you for a fantastic website. I am new to the "name your own price" concept and have found an abundance of information in your pricelineFAQ and other posts. My wife and I are planning a trip to Asheville, NC in October. The dates we are looking for our October 19 through October 24. We want a four star hotel. I know from your posts that we can aim at a specific destination but that we have no guarantee of getting it. Even so, we are focused on the Omni Grove Park Inn. My question is do we have a better chance with HOTWIRE or PRICELINE? Is there anything that will help us identify the Omni Park? We are willing to pay around $150. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you bid on PRICELINE for a particular star rating and zone, it's effectively a roll of the dice. You have to be willing to stay at any of the potential hotels at that star rating in that zone. There is no way to increase (or know) the odds of a particular property (bidding higher to try to get a particular hotel very likely will just lead to an overbid for the hotel you would have gotten had you bid less.)

With HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, you can try to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based on the amenities offered in a listing. However, it's not always possible to narrow down to one hotel (multiple hotels may appear with the same amenities) and the way hotels appear can change at any time.

Finally, HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS show one hotel at each star rating in each zone for each set of dates (sometimes two.) The hotel or hotels showing may not be the one you are looking for, so you have to choose from what the service has to offer.

The Omni has been reported to the board on PRICELINE, but has not on HOTWIRE, so it's unknown if the hotel participates on HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE Express.)

Is the Omni the only hotel of interest?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your response. Asheville only has a few four-star hotels and, frankly, I am sure any of them will be acceptable. Since there is no way for me to focus on the Grove Park Inn, at least that's what I gather from your response, it seems the best bet is simply trying to limit the price that I have to pay. Do you have any suggestion at what price I should start. I assume that Priceline is the best here because they have more areas in Asheville that I can and for second bids. What do you think? Once again, thanks. Also, I am not really clear about the value of Priceline.Express bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]