Canada Montreal Hyatt Regency

vman666
By vman666,
in

I just finished my stay at the Montreal Hyatt. Beautiful hotel with modern updated decor. My room had a very comfortable king size bed and the hotel was very quiet. I am surprised that this hotel is in the same category as the Delta Montreal. The Hyatt is much more modern so I am surprised that they are both 3* hotels. The Delta is not bad and I would definitely stay there again but it is much more dated in comparison with the Hyatt.

• 1 year later...

We won this hotel for 6 nights on a bid of $75. It was a great experience from start to finish. There was no mention of Priceline and we were asked if we wanted 1 bed or 2. Our room was on the 9th floor with a city view.

It had been recently renovated and everything was clean and comfortable. The pool area was great, with an open sun deck. Very good location, only a block from the Metro. There is a grocery store in the mall below the hotel and a good food court, also. We did not try any of the restaurants in the hotel. The concierge was very helpful with hotel reservations/recommendations and helped book a tour by phone when we were too late to do it online. The only hitch was the internet. We tried, they tried, but we were never able to get it to work. The free lobby internet is actually city provided and it also only worked for us 1 time. We had no problem using our computer in other places, just not there. It seemed that most of the other guests were there on business. The hotel did not seem to be busy and we only saw/heard other guests on our floor our last night there. Great beds and good housekeeping. The exercise facility is top notch. Highly recommended. The lowest rate was $210.00 for most of the nights we were there.

• 2 months later...

Just got back. The receptionist gave us a hard time when checking in telling us that all they had available was a sofa bed despite me calling and requesting a king bed when booking and also calling the day of checking in to confirm a King bed. She said because we booked off of priceline (this shows up in their comp) we good be given one of the lower end rooms because of booking this way. "Miraculously", a king bed was available but was "dirty" and needed to be cleaned so she gave us a drink voucher for 2 for the lounge. She told us to check back at the desk after our drink which we did. Had a different receptionist, asked if the room was clean and she said that the room had always been clean. I know for a fact she was lying and trying to scare us off from using priceline/hotwire again. SHe warned us not to use it again cause the rooms arent guaranteed. Other than this hiccup, room was really nice on the 9th floor. Film festival was going on and our room faced the street so lots of noise but we slept like babies. Dont worry, she didnt scare me off of using priceline again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bit wary because of the last review on this hotel so I was ready for the worse. However it went very well. At the reception area the lady simply made the comment that my bill was prepaid through Priceline. She took a print on my credit card and that was all.

The staff was very polite, the bed exquisitively comfortable.

Unfortunately something came up around 2 o'clock in the morning. The fire speaker went off but the sound was very faint. Enough to wake you up and make you wonder whence the noise was coming from... I eventually called up the reception; they told me they were aware of the problem and offered some ear plugs. I refused and requested some tape to seal the speaker off. Which they refused. However they agreed for me to watch any movie I would like free of charge, and offered me a free night for my next trip in any Hyatt Regency hotel.

The noise stopped at around 4:00am.

Needless to say, beside the fact that the room was indeed very comfortable and the bedding wonderful, my night was far from perfect. However they were very correct with me.

Yes, something else... I thought I would be able to sleep late in the morning since checkout is at 12 o'clock, but at 9:30 somebody from Security knocked at the door until he got me out of bed because he was told to open the bedroom safety box... A mistake... which spoiled my morning fun...

Checkout was smooth. As promised no additional charges were made to my card and i now have another free night at a Hyatt :-)

All in all a dreadful night... Due to bad luck only... The hotel is great (the swimming pool is a bit small and there are no jacuzzis... none that I could see anyway), the staff very nice. I am more than willing to give it another try.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]