Hotwire Hotel: 3* Charleston (North - Airport CHS) Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston, SC

kmart
By kmart,
in

Hey guys, I'm new here and haven't ever used priceline name your own price. Anyway, I need a hotel to check in on 8/9 and check out on 8/10. Preferably close to Family Circle Stadium, so I assume the best option would be either Mount Pleasant or Downtown Charleston, but I guess North Charleston could be an option as well. I need the room for 2 people and I would prefer it to be 3 stars or better. Do you guys have any tips on how to bid or what type of price I am looking at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

What would be your desired max budget for this stay? Unfortunately, downtown Charleston looks expensive (for example, $200+ for a 3.5* and 4.5* on Hot.wire). Mt Pleasant looks moderately less expensive and North Charleston/Airport area would be the least expensive (for example a 3* for $75 in this zone on Hot.wire)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To confirm, you're looking to be near the Family Circle Tennis Stadium on Daniel Island?

If so, there are no PRICELINE zones in this immediate area, and the Mount Pleasant-Isle of Palms zone looks like it can extend quite a distance from this location (and not necessarily highway driving for a good part of the trip should end up in the eastern most part of this zone). I don't know this area, but from the map it seems to me like the North Charleston - Airport - Coliseum (CHS) zone would be your most convenient location, followed by the North Charleston-Northwoods Mall zone.

Please look at the PRICELINE zone map for this area and confirm which zone(s) you'd like to try first and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has what looks to be the Hawthorn Suites North Charleston for $73/nite, but this property is only 2.5* rated by PRICELINE... would this be an acceptable property for the nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the property above is acceptable you could then try bidding on PRICELINE for a 3* hotel up to $73/nite, if rejected, then take this 3* HOTWIRE property (which would be 2.5* on PRICELINE)

If the 3* bidding on PRICELINE is rejected you could then proceed to try bidding for a 2.5* hotel on PRICELINE, but then you're subject to any 2.5* hotel in the zone and not able to take any guess beforehand as to what you may receive... and as your original intention was to stick with 3* hotels and better, wasn't sure if you were up to roll the dice with an 'unknown' 2.5* hotel for this stay.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

When bidding 3* in the Charleston area you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* North Charleston - Airport - Coliseum (CHS)...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* North Charleston - Airport - Coliseum (CHS) and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70

If the above is rejected you can then opt for the 3* HOTWIRE property.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new Hot.wire property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your Hot.wire account (click "My account" in the upper corner of Hot.wire.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]