Priceline Hotel: Where do I go from here?

Elinva
By Elinva,
in

Elinva - welcome!

Another BetterBidding member, Lady Reeler has also been unsuccessful in trying to bid for the same date range you are trying for. Many of us think that the Audio Engineer's convention may be eating up a significant amount of Midtown rooms (you can read tha thread by clicking on *THIS LINK*).

I agree with our board Administrator, thereuare that Columbus Day is probably not that great a factor, as many non-governmental workerd do not get the day off, and the Parade and other celebrations focus on locals. I also agree that a cancellable backup would be a good idea.

As far as what to do now, there are a few options....

First, you do have a re-bid available, so you could bid again immediately adding your re-bid zone and raising your bid amount. If you're not familiar, you can read more about re-bidding HERE.

You could take a look at Hotwire... they currently are offering 2 hotels (one 3* and one 3.5*) at $167/nite which i believe are the Sheraton NY and the Sheraton Manhattan. There are also a few 3* hotels available at $129 which i haven't identified. Keep in mind that with some properties Hotwire's ratings can be a 1/2 star level higher than the same property on Priceline.

You could also lower your minimum star level, but personally i'd rather book via Hotwire with a hotel that i could identify than take a 3* in NYC via Priceline... too much potential to be disappointed at the 3* level in NYC.

You could wait it out and hope that inventory becomes available. If so, i would take the advice above and book a cancellable back-up in the meantime.

A remote possibility is if you could get the ultra-cheap rate at the Hyatt in Jersey City which is mentioned as a suggestion in the link that WelldoneRumproast has supplied above... not nearly as convenient as staying in the city, but a great rate for a brand new hotel.

Those are my thoughts. If it were me, i would probably book a cancellable back-up and hope that inventory opens up between now and a few weeks before my stay. Chances are that the Hotwire options (or similar ones), as well as lowering acceptable level to a 3*, will still be available in a few weeks. Of course, feel free to ask any questions the above info may have sparked.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]