Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Downtown) Hyatt Regency Phoenix

jcp411
By jcp411,
in

• 2 weeks later...

So this trip kind of went south. We went to check in Friday night a week ago and discovered that I had accidentally selected the wrong date when I did my bid. It was for the night before. So by the time we go there our reservation had been canceled. The hotel couldn't change it and when I called Priceline they couldn't change it either. So I ended up going back to Priceline and bidding on another room at the same hotel for that night for $55 and getting it. So we paid twice essentially.

Any ideas of a way we could get reimbursed for the messed up night or at least a credit for a future reservation? I've used Priceline for years for all my hotels (with the exception of our honeymoon 4 years ago) and love it, but this kind of took the whole Priceline experience down a few notches. I know it's not their fault but it was kind of sad that neither place could help someone that just make a simple mistake (one that I've never done until now). It wasn't like they lost revenue as the hotel wasn't full either night.

Thoughts or ideas?

Thank you in advance. :)

I have edit the dates in the topic.

Sorry to see this. And I'm sorry to say that I think your chances to get reimbursed are very slim for this. PRICELINE is very clear when reading about "no-shows" in the rules. I would mail PRICELINE and explain the situation and hope for the best.

I believe you did an honest mistake but others that don't like the hotel they get could just say "we didn't make it etc, I would like a refund."

Good luck and keep us updated.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

I'll add to the above that if an exception is going to be made, it is usually if you catch the mistake before the date of the reservation. If you had accidentally booked for a week later (or the following nite) and showed up early i think you may have had a chance at working something out with the hotel or PRICELINE (still no guarantees though)... but once the dates of the reservation have past there is little that can usually be done.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]