Priceline Hotel: Charlotte

rock13
By rock13,
in

Rates look high for these dates but i am seeing a 3.5* hotel on HOTWIRE for $159/nite in their Uptown Charlotte-City Center zone with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating and:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... my guess for this property would be the Doubletree Gateway Village.

Does this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs OR do you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE? If you want to move forward bidding should we lower your maximum bid to $159 based upon the offer above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given the kind of regular rates I'm seeing for these date/s, you could try bidding up to your desired max for a 4* in the downtown area, but I'd consider starting again lower and trying to bid at the 3.5* level instead, as the 3.5* properties look somewhat more reasonable in comparison for these dates.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I prefer the Priceline option.  I have tried up to $145 for a 4* in Charlotte-Downtown.

Did you want to try a 4* up to your $175 maximum bid... or did you want to try for a lower priced 3.5* property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Charlotte you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 months later...

How did you purchase the Hilton... was it thru PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, or directly from the hotel?

If PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, can you please add the details of your purchase so we can edit the topic title to reflect your win and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. If you won this thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE please include in your post the star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay (and if HOTWIRE the amenities shown before your purchase)... you can still view all of this information by using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of both service's home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]