Hotwire Hotel: 2* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood International Airport FLL) Red Carpet Inn Ft Lauderdale - Airport/Cruiseport

fantag
By fantag,
in

I wanted to report my winning bid. I'm not happy with it all all, based on the awful TripAdvisor reviews (only 25% would recommend). But as a help to others and so that the Hotwire Hotel list may be updated here are the details:

It claims it's still gathering reviews, but list that it had 2.5 out of 5.0. I'm infuriated because this was not added just a day ago when I booked this room. No reviews, no ratings, not even the indicator of the original retail being $68 which is now slashed to show $45.

The amenities that displayed:

Free Parking
Free Internet
Airport Shuttle
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Self service laundry

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BID FOR THIS CATEGORY OR DESCRIPTION. Now I'm left to look for an alternative and potentially consider this one a loss. Someone suggested I call Hotwire and advise I picked the wrong area. He said they may allow me to do a rebooking refund on the phone where I pick a different area (probably MIA Airport this time) and they credit what I spent towards the difference.

I've just been burned by Hotwire on a 2* hotel in the FLL Airport areae. Turned out to be Red Carpet Inn. At the time I bid, it did not offer any reviews or TripAdvisor ratings (which is only 2.5 of 5.0). Well, a day later they've added this. Okay, enough with that...moving on. Now I have my eyes set for a Miami Airport hotel.

Here was my search criteria (2 Adults), Aug.1, 2014-Aug.2, 2014 (one night)

2* for $71 (80% recommend)

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Self service laundry

When I change my search criteria to (2 Adults, 1 child), Aug.1, 2014-Aug.2, 2014 (one night):

2* for $71 (65% recommend)

Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Business Center

Self service laundry

When I change my search criteria to (4 Adults), Aug.1, 2014-Aug.2, 2014 (one night):

2* for $76 (60% recommend)

Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

I'm so utterly confused. Does this mean they actually have 3 different hotels you may win based on number of occupants? I would prefer the one with the best feedback BUT it does not list an airport shuttle, which we need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Sorry to see that you didn't like the outcome. Airports and lower rated hotels can be a bad combination.

Good to see that HOTWIRE let you choose a new zone for your stay. They are pretty good with that.

I believe there were likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

· click the offer

·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

I just did as you advised and it only added one more amenity, which is a repeat of one I already posted. Not sure why 'Free Internet' and 'Internet Access' would be listed as separate amenities. How can you have free internet without the access? But here you go.

Full Amenities:
    Free Parking
    Free Internet
    Airport Shuttle
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Self service laundry
    Internet access (newly added)

Please start by reading your messages.

Does this mean they actually have 3 different hotels you may win based on number of occupants?

Yes, it is quite possible and appears to be the case.

As you were not happy with your recent 2 star Hotwire hotel purchase, i would suggest searching for a higher rated hotel, which are only a few dollars more than those above and are much higher rated.

When searching for your dates i see:

3.5* Airport hotel for $86/nite with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Shuttle

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess would be the Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel and Suites

3* Airport Condo with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating and 100% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Studio

Smoke Free

Shuttle

Daily Housekeeping

A/C

Fitness

Pool

Business

24hr Front Desk

Laundry

Kitchenette

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... not sure of this property but odds favor it being any of the three you listed above

3* Miami Airport for $80 with an 85% recommendation from previous guests:

Free Internet

Shuttle

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

... my guess here would be the Airport Regency Hotel (or a secondary guess of the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South)

I think the ~$10 more for the hotels is a small price to pay for a BIG jump in star rating, and given your disappointment with your last 2* purchase, i think these are much better options (and a better value)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would LOVE to upgrade my search to a higher star rating, especially since the prices seemed to have dropped and the options expanded from 4 options to now 7+ for the dates we're going in the MIA airport area. The only 'gotcha' is the fact that Hotwire stipulated in order for me to do the rebook refund, I would have to pick another hotel in the same star category and simply change the location--as this was the exception to even allow for any sort of change to the non-refundable hotel. I can 'bid' for another unpublished in the same 2* class or I can go with the retail, published rates, but I was told the same 2* was the one constant. Along with the same dates, of course.

At this point, it can't get any 'worse' than my previous option, especially since we fly into MIA and need to move locations. The irony is, our flight doesn't land until 12:15am and we're hopping on a cruise that starts to board at noon the same day. This was just supposed to be a quick and easy place to lay our heads for a few hours before shuttling off to the port. The other motivator was some of the hotels in that 2* category on their site are places that offer a complimentary shuttle to the port (while our cruise line wanted to charge up to $30/pp one way for the same service), so it wasn't just the expense of the room we considered.

I appreciate your help and your response. I'll use the links and report back with any details.

I would first specifically ask them if you can take a higher rated hotel, as now that you see what they consider to be a 2* property, you'd like something nicer (since you consider the Red Carpet Inn to be 1 star rated).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the additional suggestion. So I just got off the phone with them and they agreed to let me upgrade the star rating AND pick from the list of published fares. I seem to have spoken to a very helpful agent today. We ended up booking the Embassy Suites Miami Int'l Airport. It was nearly triple the cost of the original 2*, but this one is a 4* and has the 24-hr shuttle and offers a discounted port shuttle too. I was pleased with the upgrade and I'm grateful they allowed me to do the refund rebook.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]