Priceline Hotel: Assorted Priceline wins

rhkkmk
By rhkkmk,
in

i have had success with priceline recently for the following:

sheraton skyline, heathrow, london; nov 21 one nite; 4*, $51, plus $15.29

Westin Grand, Berlin, nov 21 2 rooms for 2 nites; wanted swissotel @5*, but settled for 4* at $60 plus about $12 fees..

Hotel Savoy, Prague, nov 27-30, 3 nites, two rooms...was bidding for marriott but 5*, came up with this @ $110, plus 5.20 fees...

Frankfurt Marriott, dec 8 one nite, $55, plus $15.31, won on first bid

sorry to lump all together, but i am a new user and not sure how to post things as yet

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you happen to know the sub-zones for each of the above?

I know:

Westn Grand in Berlin is in the Tiergarten - Kufuerstendamm zone

Frankfurth Marriott is in the West zone

I'm not sure of Hotel Savoy in Prague (the sub-zone would be East, SouthEast, or West)

Also not sure the sub-zone in London, as i don't see Heathrow Airport listed as any sub-zone.

Any further clarification you could provide on the above two would be great.

Thanks for posting!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare - the three major London Airports (Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton) all have their own zones - when you are on the main London map there is a link for "London Airports" down towards the bottom

BTW congrats on U of M pounding Houston (with the Buck-Lights barely escaping against a first-time QB who hadn't played in two years and the Golden Domers losing to Wash. State, things are looking up for the Maize and Blue) :)

BTW congrats on U of M pounding Houston (with the Buck-Lights barely escaping against a first-time QB who hadn't played in two years and the Golden Domers losing to Wash. State, things are looking up for the Maize and Blue) :)

Thanks!! (for both the London classification and the the Wolverine assessment) If you saw any part of the OSU game, you'd see that SDSU choked at the end of the game. An OSU loss would have really made my weekend!!

Still heading to AA next weekend for the UM-ND game... still no tickets in hand, but my buddy reassures me not to worry :) Can't wait to introduce my wife to her first game at the Big House!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sheraton skyline, heathrow, london; nov 21 one nite; 4*, $51, plus $15.29

Westin Grand, Berlin, nov 21 2 rooms for 2 nites; wanted swissotel @5*, but settled for 4* at $60 plus about $12 fees..

rhkkmk - welcome! I don't think you'll be too disappointed in the Westin Grand. It's probably more of a 4.5 (in fact it *was* a 5* as of last spring) so your accepted bid reflects both the lower ranking and a lower accepted bid.

The Grand was built in 1987, two yeards before the Wall came down, and was something of a showplace for the (soon-to-exit) DDR government. Lots of wood used in the rooms etc. Rooms are small but not super-tiny.

The best thing is the location - right in the heart of Mitte, which since Reunification has become a major shopping and restaurant area. You can easily walk to the Brandenburg Tor and the Reichstag (walk the glass dome at night)!! Transportation is very easy (the U6 stop is literally outside the front door) and an S-Bahn station is two blocks up the street. Also, the TXL Airport Express bus stops one block away. THe U6 goes to Checkpoint Charlie and the new Jewish Museum in a couple of minutes.

The Swissotel is supposed to be very nice. While being right on the Ku'dam has some advantages, you still need to walk or take the train to most other sites (and the closest station is on the U-9 line, so you end up making transfers for most destinations anyway).

Remember to take your Starwood Perferred Guest card to get points for your incidentals (SPG is allowing this until 12/31/2003). And when you check in ask for a room equipped with Heavenly Beds :)

Please let me know if you'd like any more info about the area - it's one of my favorites.

Also for the Sheraton Skyline - when you arrive at LHR you may see signs for the "Hotel Hoppa" bus (a shared bus serving all hotels on Bath Road for GBP 3 per person each way). If you'd like, you can take any public bus that runs on Bath Road (where the Skyline is) for *free* :)

Still heading to AA next weekend for the UM-ND game... still no tickets in hand, but my buddy reassures me not to worry :)  Can't wait to introduce my wife to her first game at the Big House!

GREAT news!!

My friend came thru and tells me that we're all set and he found tickets for us!! :) :o :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]