Priceline Hotel: Priceline Advice

ritzyroo1
By ritzyroo1,
in

On your proceline hotel list for West Valley, UT Staybridge Suites is listed as a 3 star hotel, it looks as though it is the only 3 star priceline hotel listed for that area. On the regular hotel rates on priceline it is listed as $116 for dates 7/12-7/16. On Priceline secret rate hotels there is a 3 star listed in west valley area for $91.00 a night with a rating of 9.0 or higher and amenities of:

Free Breakfast
    Free Internet in room
    Indoor Swimming Pool
    Free Parking

Pets Allowed
    Business Center
    Fitness Center

Question #1 do you think this is the staybridge suites? Question #2 if it is the staybridge suites do you think I could get a better deal on name your own price? I have never seen anyone list the staybridge suites as a hotel win but I would really like to try to get that hotel. THanks for any advice.

There could be other 3* hotels in this zone, but my guess for this one would indeed be the Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City.

Bidding on PRICELINE may be a little cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS (and with the current PRICELINE EXPRESS discount link and code in my signature the difference may be even less than usual) but you're then subject to any[/] 3* or higher hotel in the zone. When you bid on PRICELINE the star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept, so not only is there a risk that you receive some other 3* property, but there would also be a risk that your 3* bid is upgraded and you win a 3.5* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On this hotel list you provided this is the only 3 star hotel listed in the West Valley area and there is no 3.5 star hotels in this area on the hotel priceline list you have noted on your site. If i bid specifically in the West Valley Utah area it won't put me out of that area correct? I want to avoid the Peery Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake for sure

Read the message at the top of the Hotel List... the hotel lists should never be considered the finite possibilities.

The hotel you receive will be in the shaded boundaries of the zone as indicated on PRICELINE's map of the region/zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]