Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) The Langham Chicago

toledo
By toledo,
in

The area was North Michigan Ave./Water Tower.  Why isn't that a choice on here?

Thanks for your tip to an earlier post.  You said that when you go to buy the room, check out all the amenities and if you see "free internet" and "internet access", it's the Langham.  Other amenities listed included pools, indoor pool, restaurant, spa service, fitness, and business center. 

$215 sounded wonderful until the taxes and fees showed up.  They are $49.50/night.  I compared this to a similarly priced hotel and figured that Hotwire is getting at least 1/3 of that.  It's still a good deal for the #1 rated hotel in Chicago.

I tried to make a second reservation for another family member that is only staying one night, but the rate jumped to $240/night.   I will try to make that reservation again later, hoping for the lower rate, and will use your link.

The area was North Michigan Ave./Water Tower.  Why isn't that a choice on here?

There is no zone named 'North Michigan Ave-Water Tower' as you've combined the names of two different HOTWIRE zones. The correct zone names are:

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

In the future try typing only one or two 'unique' words from the zone name (ie- Water Tower) and you'll be given the correct drop down name. If the name still does not appear, simply type it manually (use TAB button on keyboard to get to the next text field) and we'll know to add the location once we see your post.

However, with all of that noted, i believe this property is located in the Magnificent Mile Area - River North zone and have edited your topic title accordingly.

In regards to the additional nite you need, note that Sunday nite is typically the lowest demand (and therefore the cheapest) nite of the week for hotels (tourists have already gone home and business travelers have not yet arrived), so your rate for the two nites of this purchase (which includes Sunday) may be cheaper than the one nite you're looking for the additional room (as that is for Saturday nite, and does not include Sunday)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]