Bergen Norway

iiaajd
By iiaajd,
in

good day.

my first post.

I have had a lot of success with Hot.wire and PRICELINE in US and Europe.

I would like to use Hot.wire for downtown Bergen (not airport, which is a separate zone).

Am i likely to get a hotel right w/in the city.  It says w/in, i believe 1.5 miles.  Or there a possibility it will be outside the city.  The sample they list are all in the city.  I'll gamble if unlikely outside city.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

For both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, the hotel you receive can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone(s) that you select. Both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE draw the zone boundaries for this region different, would either/both work for your needs this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It says w/in, i believe 1.5 miles.  

That 1.5 miles on the Priceline zone map is a scale.  As near as I can tell, and using that scale as a reference, from the city center the zone extends about 2 miles to the north.  The Hotwire zone map stretches similarly to the north.

Romelle

Thank you I have read my messages.

I appreciate the help of this site and I hope i am complying with the requirementss of asking a questions.

My more specific question iss whether anybody had experince with Bergen and could make an educated guess based upon experience with Bergen.   A long shot, but I'm just trying.

Thank you.

We have no reported wins in this zone, but we are still able to research and often take an educated guess as to some of the possibilities.

However, if you look at the Sandviken Brygge Hotel, this property is 3* rated and within the boundaries of the zone, but also looks to be a bit far from being 'right inside the city'... would this be an acceptable outcome?

Lastly, there is no information regarding the specific hotel you're bidding on when using PRICELINE, if you're trying to determine what the hotel might be before your purchase, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS may be a better option since details about the hotel are provided before your purchase and you can try to use this information to make a guess as to which hotel(s) are the ones being offered.

What are the dates of your trip? Is it the 3* or the 2* that you were looking to go for? What is your maximum budget per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]