Priceline Hotel: 4* St. Catharines - Niagara (Niagara Falls) Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa

Shoob
By Shoob,
in

Hey guys,

Looking for two nights in the Toronto area.  I managed to get the Westin in North York for $82/night last year at the start of June.  Well... of course I'd really hope for the same.  But I'm willing to go up to $100/night (given that it is June) for a 4*.  If that's not doable, I guess we could bump down to 3.5* and try at a lower price range.

I'm a bit lost when it comes to Toronto or most of Canada's hotel bit... so please, any help with bidding strategy would be great.  If it helps, I want to be as close as possible to Downtown  (we plan to eat in that area a few times; as well as in the suburbs).

Thanks!

Please start by following-up on your Priceline Deerfield thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip.

Then, for this Toronto stay, there are now THREE 'downtown' zones on PRICELINE... are all of these acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went ahead and followed-up on that.  Sorry about that.

So... for Toronto, honestly, I'd like the North York East area; if that doesn't work out, then try the Downtown areas (North Yorkville first, then Southwest, then Southeast).  I hope I can manage something good. As I said in the last post, I was able to get the Westin in North York East last year for $82, so I'd like to try for it again.

Hope to hear back very soon!

I just wanted to update this... looking at how high prices are for these dates... we were thinking of splitting the nights.  So that means doing 6/22-6/23 in 4* in either North York, or Downtown Southwest, Downtown Southeast.  Then on 6/23-6/24, doing a 3.5* by Toronto Airport East, or near Mississauga.

Sorry if this is getting complicated, but I think I can save a bit and accommodate all of our planned visits with this split stay (i.e. doing two separate hotels).  What do you think?

I think the SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID works out due to the locations and not necessarily the dates in question (although Sunday nites are less expensive in almost all hotel markets, so naturally that nite will be cheaper than the Monday nite)

So your method would work if you don't mind changing hotels, but i would weigh the scenario above vs. staying at the airport for both nites (and taking into consideration how the airport location works for your plans and any extra travel time that would be needed for the activities/events you have planned this trip).

For example, for 6/22-6/24 you could get a 3.5* hotel in the Airport East zone for less than $52/nite (or a 4* for less than $75/nite)... not sure if this is better for your plans (some additional savings and not having to change hotels, but depending upon your plans further travel time) vs. additional cost, closer to your daily destinations, but needing to change hotels.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wish I had seen this earlier today to get moving on it.  Thanks for the input.  So... our thought was to split the bid and stay in two different hotels; the reason we wouldn't do both nights by the airport is because our plans for the first day are near the Downtown area for the most part.  The plans for the last day are around the Mississauga area, so Airport East would be better for that.

So, yes, we don't mind changing hotels.

I wish I had seen this earlier today to get moving on it.

At the top right of the board is a button "TRACK THIS TOPIC" which if you click it will send you an email anytime there is a reply to this thread. ;)

Also, you can change your settings to that you receive email notifications anytime there is a reply to a thread you started, a thread you have replied to, or anytime one of your previous posts is quoted.

...the reason we wouldn't do both nights by the airport is because our plans for the first day are near the Downtown area for the most part.  The plans for the last day are around the Mississauga area, so Airport East would be better for that.

Understood.

So we will use this thread for whichever leg of the stay you'd like to pursue first... please start a NEW TOPIC for the other nite.

For the nite of this tread, which zone(s) and star rating do you want to include in your bidding and what is your maximum bid for this nite?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Crud... I wrote a response earlier, but apparently it didn't post (I think it's my internet). But basically... I was saying that for 6/22-6/23, we would like North York area 4* under $100.  I know I'm cutting it close... basically have a single shot at this, I think.  Thanks again!

I assume you are referring to and bidding the North York East zone (as opposed to the Vaughn-North York zone, which currently does not offer any 4* properties). If this is correct you can bid as follows:

When bidding 4* in the Toronto area you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* North York East...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- if you're around over the weekend you do have 2-3 more tries at this.

I'm not seeing any 4* hotel offered in the North York zone when i search for 6/22, but if you do see one at $125, remember the discount link and code in my signature will take an extra 5% OFF... you could bid on PRICELINE up to $115/nite and then if rejected take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (if you do take the Express offer please be sure to note the amenities associated with the hotel)

There are also some 4* Downtown hotels and under $100... although the earlier discussed airport for both nites may still be an option (Airport East doesn't look to be too far from the Vaughn-North York zone (although i don't know what driving in this area is like) and the savings would be significant and avoid the need to change hotels.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you ultimately decide.

Last minute change of plan by my wife and I... Beautiful weather in Niagara = trip to Niagara.  Couldn't bid and win.  So, I had to get the Priceline.Express Deal (and I used your link).. I guessed it would be the Marriott Fallsview. $123 + 5% off deal. we'll try for Toronto stay while we enjoy the falls. Here are the amenities:

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in public areas

Indoor Swimming Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this amenity set for this property to the Priceline Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]