Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Convention Center - Old Montreal - Latin Quarter) Le Westin Montreal

Travelgirl22
By Travelgirl22,
in

Happy Tuesday!  I've been to Montreal during the Jazz Festival many times and love it!  I'd like to bid on a 3.5* Montreal Hotel in the Convention Center/Latin Quatier area, which I have seen in the past to be the Hyatt Regency, the base for the jazz fest.  Today is the first time in a few days I've seen my entire length available at the hotel (usu. the Sat. check in shows the hotel as sold out).  Here are the prices for 3.5* hotels in the area:

Hyatt - $238 (cancellable) ($217 prepaid)

Embassy Suites - $210 (cancellable)

Currently in PL, the Hyatt is available at $224/nt, but when I view the Express Purchase hotels, I don't see a 3.5* option in the Convention Center/Latin Quatier area.  These are the amenities listed on the PL page for the Hyatt:

✔ Pet Friendly

✔ Indoor Pool
Χ Shuttle
✔ Non Smoking
✔ Fitness Center
✔ Handicap
✔ Business Center

I note that "Free Internet" is not checked, which definitely narrows down my options in terms of which Express hotel is available.

I would like bid up to $120/nt.  Should I try to bid now, or wait until the Express purchase might be available?  I do understand that I'm not guaranteed the Hyatt Regency, I've bid on PL and bought on Hotwire for 10+ years, but I'm reviewing the odds and hope to come up with this hotel.  Thanx for all you help!!

These are the amenities listed on the PL page for the Hyatt:

✔ Pet Friendly

✔ Indoor Pool

Χ Shuttle

✔ Non Smoking

✔ Fitness Center

✔ Handicap

✔ Business Center

I note that "Free Internet" is not checked, which definitely narrows down my options in terms of which Express hotel is available.

I don't see 'Free Internet' in the last above (with a checkmark or an X next to it), so not sure if the absence of this amenity being listed can give you any insight into any PRICELINE EXPRESS offering, but it seems like a moot point to me since there are currently no PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels offered at the 3.5* level for your dates.

I would like bid up to $120/nt.  Should I try to bid now, or wait until the Express purchase might be available?

With the Hyatt near sold-out for your complete stay, and current rates at $200+, i think the odds are low of winning a bid of $120/nite or less for this particular property. As well, PRICELINE EXPRESS does have a 4* hotel offered for your dates for $127/nite (which would come to $121/nite after using the extra 5% OFF discount link and code in my signature), so if you do bid for a 3.5* hotel i think there would be a good chance that your 3.5* bid wins you an upgrade to a 4* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanx so much for this reply!  Still trying to decide how to proceed.  Currently in PL Bidding Express there is a 4* Montreal Conv. Center-Old Montreal-Latin Quatier hotel for $126/nt with the following amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

I copied the symbols from the page and they translated to the text above.  Can you please help identify?  It doesn't seem likely it is the Hyatt, maybe Delta?  Thanx again!

If you click thru on the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer do you see the amenities with a bit more description:

Free Internet in room

Indoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

... if so, my best guess for this one would be the Le Westin Montreal.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey!  Trying to get Hyatt for a 4 night stay in Montreal over the Jazz Fest weekend.  Can you please ID this hotel I see on Bidding Helper?

3.5*, Old Montreal Convention Center, $124

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Maybe I'm confusing Hotwire and PL; if Hotwire lists the Hyatt as a 4* under its "Standard List', will is also be listed as 4* in it's 'Secret List' as well?  Hotwire lists Hyatts and Hiltons as possible hotel chains that are 3.5* on the Secret Hotel list. 

Thanx for your help!

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thanks.

The 3.5* would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn.

The chains noted on the detail page for listings at certain star ratings are examples - different locations of a particular chain commonly have different star ratings.

The discount services are really best for getting *a* hotel at a discount vs getting a particular hotel for a discount.

There is no guarantee that the Hyatt will be available via either service for your dates and while waiting for it to appear (it may not, it's up to the hotel whether or not to offer discounted inventory.) If this is a busy period they very well may rather wait for walk-ins who are going to pay full price), you may miss out on other acceptable deals and/or rate/s may ramp up in general.

I'd really recommend considering alternatives rather than waiting for what may be the Hyatt, especially with a larger event going on.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Went with PRICELINE EXPRESS, snagged Le Westin Montreal for $130/nt with these amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

I know the area pretty well and this isn't far from the Jazz Fest.  So many events revolve around the Hyatt so it is easier to just go up to my room after their done, but I look forward to trying out this hotel.  Thanx much for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]