Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge - Harvard - MIT) Le Meridien Cambridge-M.I.T.

sdf123456
By sdf123456,
in

Can you please help ID the following 4* hotel?

Looking for 2 rooms for June 14-June16

Cambridge - Harvard area

95% recommended

Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, Business Centre
Accessibility: Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

USD 131/night

TA rating: 4/5

Given hotels are very expensive during this weekend, I found this hotel to be reasonably priced and close to Boston downtown. I will have a car. Other option is stay out of town (e.g., Waltham) and drive into Boston. Park in a parking garage and roam the city. Hotels in Waltham are significantly cheaper. I will save about USD 250 for the weekend.

Thanks for your help!

I would greatly appreciate if you could help ID these hotels:

Check-in: June 14, Check-out: June 16

2 rooms

Using PL express.

4* Cambridge - Harvard - MIT

Amenities: Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Centre, Free Internet, Business Centre

USD 127/night

Guest rating: 8.0 (Guest favourite)

3* Waltham

Amenities: Indoor or outdoor swimming pool, Pets allowed, Fitness Centre, Free Parking, Free Internet, Business Centre

USD 85/night

Guest rating: 8.0 (Guest favourite)

Do you think it is a good idea to stay outside Boston downtown and save money on hotel and parking, rather than staying near downtown such as Cambridge? We will have a car and will park the car in a Boston parking garage. Or will the cost of parking (if we go in and out) nullify the savings? Thanks for your help!

Best guess/comments for each:

HOTWIRE

Cambridge - Harvard area

--> Le Meridien Cambridge

PRICELINE EXPRESS

4* Cambridge - Harvard - MIT

--> possibly also the Le Meridien Cambridge... but i have more confidence in the hot.wrie guess

3* Waltham

--> a guess would be the Hilton Garden Inn Boston - Waltham in Waltham (and less likely but still possible: Couratyard, Hyatt House, Embassy Suites)

Whether to stay outside of the city really depends upon your budget... whenever possible i prefer to stay inside the city, especially then the city has a good mass transit system, as it gives you much more flexibility as well as a better appreciation for the city, which for me makes my trips more enjoyable (but i'm also a big fan of mass transit as i feel it gets more more in touch with the 'locals' and makes me feel like less of a tourist). Keep in mind that if you drive to Boston you then will need to deal with (and most likely pay for) parking somewhere on an hourly basis, and if you do decide to stay directly in the city, you can usually find a private lot/garage that is less expensive than the hotel (but it's still Boston, so while less expensive, it still won't be cheap ;) ).

I have certainly stayed outside of a city many times, but the bottomline is that the savings needs to be worth the inconvenience... what the 'convenience' is worth has a lot to do with your plans for this trip (would returning back/forth to the hotel multiple times make it a better trip vs. are your plans to be out for the day and not return to the hotel until ready to sleep at nite... do any of your activities involve bars/drinking (or do you enjoy a beer or glass of wine with dinner), etc, etc.)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and are looking forward to your trip. I think you'll have a better experience here than if you were to stay out in Waltham (or one of the other distant suburbs)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]