How to get started - Placing a Priceline bid on cars

rpowell.stuff
By rpowell.stuff,
in

A friend told me about this site.  I like to use Price.line to rent cars when I travel and usually have good luck.  I am traveling to Austin, TX the end of June and will be picking up a car at the airport.  I have tried several date ranges to get winning bids and continually get "no records".  Am I doing something wrong?  How do I get good guidance for submitting a car rental bid?

Please post your date(s) for the rental period.

2x

I clicked on the links you provided and they took me to a site that asked for a bid.

After doing your search using the Car Rental Rate Checker the default tab is 'Priceline Retail' but you need to scroll down the page to see the retail rates... then also use the HOTWIRE and exped.ia tabs to compare rates at each of those services.

What are the dates of your rental and your desired car class?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi yellowdog,

I'll hijack rpowell's post and tell you my travel dates so that hopefully you can give me guidance on how to find the previous, respective, winning PRICELINE bids.

Dates of Travel: 6/27/14 - 7/6/14

Car Class:  Minivan

FYI - the Costco rental price is less expensive than the lowest Price.line, Hot.wire, and Expe.dia rental of the same class, so that is what I will be using as a base price ($567).

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

CheeeepMaaMaa

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'll hijack rpowell's post

No you don't :P

The board would be happy to help you. But please start a new topic for your own rental as this thread will be used to reflect whatever the OP ultimately does for his/her stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]