Priceline Hotel: Miami & Orlando Hotel

wrexter
By wrexter,
in

Hi All,

My wife and i are travelling east to west in the USA during Sept to Oct and would love recommendation on hotels we should aim to book. Our budget is about $100 p/n

The following are cities we would appreciate help in

MIAMI - 3 Nights 

ORLANDO - 6 Nights (mainly doing disney and universal)

WASHINGTON DC

NEW YORK

BOSTON

NIAGRA FALLS

CHICAGO

LAS VEGAS - Hoping to stay at the Aria hotel

SAN FRANSISCO

MONTEREY

PISMO BEACH

LOS ANGELES

Thanks for any assistance

(Note to mods, before you say it, i will definitely make sure to click on both PRICELINE or HOTWIRE through links on this site :)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Wow, that is an absolutely EPIC trip! We'd be happy to help, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could post separate threads for each of the stays in the state sub-forums with the exact date/s of each stay and we can then go over them one-by-one.

Are you driving or flying (or train?) I will note that unfortunately NYC is usually extremely busy during the Fall time frame and $100 is going to be unlikely/difficult. A few of the other cities (Chicago, San Francisco) may also be busy during this time period.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi all,

Can you guys please help me identify where to target the best hotel within our budget and location requirements.

Our budget is ~$100 a night but could stretch it a bit more if worthwhile.

Miami - 4th to 7th September 2014

Arriving by flight from LAX at 8:35pm.

Hoping to stay near beach and main areas

Orlando - 7th to 13th September

Arriving by car, driving from Miami

Main activities are disneyworld, universal & Kennedy space centre

Anyone reccomend if will need a car while in Orlando?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Please use separate thread for each stay. We will use this thread for the Miami leg of your trip, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Orlando portion of this trip.

For Miami i'm not sure what sights you intend to see/do, but as far as the Beach goes... are all of the following zones acceptable:

Miami Beach

South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront

South Beach - Ocean Drive

South Beach - Central

... and other zones acceptable? (or any of the above not acceptable??)

Will you have a car in Miami?

I'm also see what i believe to be the following if any of these are of interest:

3.5* Avalon Hotel for $115/nite

4* Pelican Hotel for $117/nite

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No we don't intend to have a car during our Miami stay

Would really love to stay near the beach close to all the action

I don't see any wins listed on the calendar for that stay.

I will start bidding price and listing the amenities to pin point hotel but want to know what to aim for

If you're looking for a beach environment i would focus on the beach areas of South Beach or you may want to consider what i'm guessing to be the Pelican Hotel for $117/nite as this property is 4.5/5.0 rated by TA, it's one of the most highly rated hotels in the area (where there are a lot of independently owned hotels which are not kept up that well), and the location is right across the street from the beach.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property... the guesses above were based upon HOTWIRE where you can take a guess as to the hotel offered based upon the amenities.

Are you willing to accept any 4* hotel OR would you prefer to go with the 4.5/5.0 TA rated property on HOTWIRE guessed to be the Pelican?

PS- also, if you're defaulted to the non-US version of HOTWIRE, please:

click this HOTWIRE link

change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars

close the browser

Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Need some help finding a suitable Miami Hotel.

Dates: 4th Sept to 7th Sept (3 nights)

Area: Hope to stay inn/around South Beach, beach front would be great.

Budget: $120/night

Star Rating: 4 star would be great.

Have looked at following but more than likely out of budget

Dream Hotel

Ralieigh Hotel

Marriot

Hotel of SoBe

Mondrian

Thanks

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Also reply to post#8 in this thread so we can move on.

How do you want to play this? Would you like to go with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE?

You can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICE.LINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOT.WIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOT.WIRE usually costs a little more than PRICE.LINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

apologies for the multiple threads but i forgot i already had one.

Im not too fussy on the hotel, as long as its nice, in a good area and i can get it at a good price.

Can you guys reccomend where i should be targetting? Around SoBe?

Basically my first question is since we are about 3 months away, and travelling in Fall, is it too early to be bidding for the best deals.

Should i be waiting around 2-1.5 months before? i appreciated this  may be a hard question to answer.

Thanks 

Can you guys reccomend where i should be targetting? Around SoBe?

With so many 'less than great' hotels in the South Beach area, and what is believed to be the Pelican offered within your $120 budget, with an impressive 4.5/5.0 TA rating, and directly across from the beach... i would be taking this one as any savings would not be worth the risk of a less attractive/reviewed property.

So if you're looking for something else... why not this one?

• 1 month later...

Thanks thereuare

not super keen on the pelican, the rooms dont really appeal :P but i suppose cant be picky can i?

I have been looking at the Croydon Hotel (direct) and they have a 35% sale so $135 a night.

Or i can see from HOTWIRE there is the Beacon hotel from $125 a night

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]