Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Downtown) Summerfield Suites

PhilT
By PhilT,
in

My first post here so be gentle :)

And my first bid on priceline too so be even gentler :)

My first attempted bid was rejected - $50 for 2 nights in Downtown Seattle - 18 and 19 November for 4*, 3* or 2.5*.

Then I tried the same price but additionally selected 2*. Accepted and upgraded to 2.5* and the Summerfield Suites. The cheapest rate on their website says $107 and Expedia and others are all around $120/$140 so I'm happy with that!

I'll be using priceline again, that's for sure.

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $100.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $22.32

Total Charges: $122.32

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

So you bid 2.5* on your first bid at $50 (including the Downtown zone) and then once rejected you immediately bid again at the 2* level at the same price and upgraded to a 2.5* property? Just want to make sure we got the details right.

Glad you decided to give Priceline a try and got a great deal and are happy with the results. Feel free to ask for help before your next round of bidding and we'll try to give you a bit more of a systematic approach to bidding.

When in Seattle i like the early bird half price lounge menu at Brasa if that interests you at all.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bbbb - Re-bidding looks like a good technique - I'll remember that for next time. I only found this board after my successful bid.

thereuare - yep, that was my bidding technique. Not much of a strategy involved but it was my first time and now I know about this board I'll definitely be back for advice :) Brasa looks good - browsing the menu is making me hungry!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]