Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Millennium Hotel Minneapolis

Sota327
By Sota327,
in

Just booked this morning.  

Hot.wire had 4* for 88, PRICELINE EXPRESS first had a 4* for $69 (which I thought was the Millennium) and later during my searches one popped up at $72 (it was different hotel because it was 8.0 rating or higher, where the $69 was only 7.0).

In any event, there are lots of free rebid zones in for downtown Minneapolis.  I started around $40 and worked may way up.  At one point while bidding $52, I got counter for $62, which I assumed to be the Millenium.  I closed the browser and started a new session and rebid at $50, and this time I got a counter at $71.  I thought that was weird, but when I checked PRICELINE EXPRESS, it was no longer offering the 4* rated 7.0 at $69, but a 4* rated 8.0 for $71.  At that point, I assumed the Millenium was no longer an option and I increased my bid to $60 with no luck. I then started searching for 3.5* hotel in downtown Minneapolis  intended to go up to $60 before re-bidding on a 4* and increasing my bid, but when I was at $58 I won the Millennium (as an upgrade on a 3.5* bid).  It was a weird bidding experience and I guess it just proves how quickly things can change.   The Millennium would be my last preferred win, but it is fine for the night.   Here are the details:

Offer Price:$ 58.00

Rooms:  1

Nights:  1      + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: US$ 58.00

Taxes & Fees: US$ 16.15

Total Charged to Card:  US$ 74.15

Used the Price.line and HOTWIRE links here to search and bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]