Priceline Hotel: Confirm the obvious for me..

cswofford
By cswofford,
in

Looking to stay 06/03 - 06/05, downtown pike place area. I checked the hotel websites for Hyatt at Olive 8, Sheraton Seattle and Renaissance Seattle and they show no availability. Do you think this means that most 3.5 and up hotels will not available to get good deals for those dates? The express deals are 4 * $274, 3.5* $178 and 3*$297.

What is your expert opinion? Any chance of still getting a decent deal? I was hoping for under $150 a night. My dates are set, pretty sure I want that area, maybe I should check on 3*...

The definition of a 'good deal' is the discount to booking a room thru conventional booking channels... so a $300 win for a hotel that is selling for $600/nite can still be considered a good great deal, although it may be more than you're willing to pay.

During times of high demand (and therefore high prices) there is more profit margin in room rates for hotels, but under these situations they are often willing to discount less (even though their margins are higher) as there are fewer (if any) empty rooms to fill and what little inventory they do have they would rather try to sell at full price on their own.

Specifically to your dates above, if you're looking at a $150 bid price (as opposed to all-in before fees/taxes) the i think your $150 bid would have a shot at a 3.5* property. Besides the 3.5* Pike Place property you mentioned for $177, there is also a 3.5* Space Needle zone property for $167/nite... are you only looking to bid the Pike Place zone or is the Space Needle also acceptable? (you could always bid your preferred zone, then if rejected consider the other one)

If you let us know which zones you'd like to bid we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]