Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Docklands) Hilton London Canary Wharf

grayh
By grayh,
in

Interesting -- I've been bidding for a visit the last weekend of June and the bidding is getting up there for the more central zones. This Hilton hotel is right on the Jubilee line. Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should give that zone a go? Any ideas what the % chance would be of me ending up at a more logistically difficult hotel if I bid that zone? Is the Hilton the usual go-to for PL in Docklands or is it more evenly spread out among a few other properties? We'll be spending time either in the city itself or possibly heading out to the countryside via train for some hikes through villages.

I did a little more research into this zone and the Marriott West India Quay could also be close enough to the tube to make this zone worth bidding on. However, I can't tell for certain if the Aloft or Novotel London Excel are in the Docklands zone or in Limehouse -- does anyone know? If in Docklands, then bidding in the Docklands zone would be far too risky and not worth it. The Hilton Docklands is also in this zone and it's not near the tube, but has a riverboat stop right out front which makes it pretty quick to get to the city. Does anyone know if that is the same cost as a tube ride or if it's a lot more? For my dates it appears that the Hilton Docklands is the likeliest by its price in the regular retail side.

...I can't tell for certain if the Aloft or Novotel London Excel are in the Docklands zone or in Limehouse -- does anyone know?

On the map i'm seeing each of these properties is located in the Docklands zone.

You can also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which shows hotels near almost any location in the world and the interface makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location. You can filter the results to remove lower rated (or too high priced) hotels to unclutter the map, and then zoom in to see nearby train stations.

For help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC including your dates, budget, star rating, any previous bid history, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did a little more research into this zone and the Marriott West India Quay could also be close enough to the tube to make this zone worth bidding on. However, I can't tell for certain if the Aloft or Novotel London Excel are in the Docklands zone or in Limehouse -- does anyone know? If in Docklands, then bidding in the Docklands zone would be far too risky and not worth it. The Hilton Docklands is also in this zone and it's not near the tube, but has a riverboat stop right out front which makes it pretty quick to get to the city. Does anyone know if that is the same cost as a tube ride or if it's a lot more? For my dates it appears that the Hilton Docklands is the likeliest by its price in the regular retail side.

Novotel is Docklands Zone too. And I love the Docklands, but the Novotel (I've stayed there once) is too far away for my taste. You need to take the Docklands Railway and then change at Canary Wharf, to get to the centre. It takes 45 minutes usually, whereas you only need 15-20 minutes when you stay at the Hilton, which is a great hotel anyway.

From my experience, you can use the Docklands zone but you need to make sure that you don't bid too low. The Novotel is usually much cheaper than the Hilton Canary Wharf.

I wouldn't recommend Hilton Docklands, simply because it's one of the worst Hiltons in London imo.

That's a really risky strategy! I'm currently working the other more central zones for June 27 - July 1. Lowest on priceline.Express is Westminster at $175. Docklands shows $154. I'm up to $142, with Westminster being counteroffered at $185. Once I land something I'll create a thread for it. Is this the scenario you see when you work to get the Canary Wharf Hilton? You got it at $108, what was priceline.Express showing? I'm intrigued. Not sure if I'll chance it, but I'd take that hotel if we could save a bit compared to staying closer in. Right now I'm guess Westminster will be the Park Plaza Riverbank which is at Vauxhall tube anyhow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]