Priceline Hotel: Looking for a 5* in Cancun

bond316
By bond316,
in

Hi, I'm looking for a 5* hotel in Cancun for May 25 - 29. I am looking to stay at the 5* Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort & Spa. 

So I bid from $75 to 120 with no luck.

I selected Cancun Hotel Zone and then added all rebid zones EXCEPT:

Cancun Hotel Zone South

Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen

Riviera Maya North - Puerto Morelos

Would there be a better way to approach this? I do think there is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $144/night at Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort & Spa. But usually I get a better rate through name your own price, although more work...

Thanks for the help!

If you'd like confirmation of your re-bid zones please list the re-bid zones (rather than the ones you didn't include in your bidding)

I think your approach is fine, but the advantage of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is the ability to guess/target the hotel you may receive... with PRICELINE NYOP, you'll be subject to any hotel in the zone, not necessarily the one you're hoping for.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey thanks for the response.

So, I selected the Cancun Hotel Zone because it has one 5* hotel, the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort & Spa (according to your hotel lists) for 5/25 - 5/29

Rebid zones are:

Cancun Airport Zone

Cancun North Beach

Cozumel

Downtown Cancun

Holbox Island

Isla Mujeres

Playa Mujeres

Riviera Maya South - Akumal - Tulum

Tulum South

Thanks

edit: ooooo just saw the 7% code in your sig for NYOP

Yes, you have your re-bid zones above correct (but always double check and make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked)

Keep in mind that there could be other 5* hotels in this zone other than what appears in the Priceline Hotel List as new hotels can be added/removed, and other hotels upgraded/downgraded, at any time (see the comments at the top of the hotel list)

Based upon the current $142/nite rate for a 5* hotel from PRICELINE EXPRESS, how high are you willing to bid for a 5* hotel in this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]