Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown) Hotel Omni Mont Royal

sunes
By sunes,
in

I am going to Montreal in two weeks and need some help identifying a 4* hotel at Hotwire.

I will arrive in Montreal the 30 of November and depart the 18 of December.

For these 18 nights there is a 4* hotel available at Hotwire for $95, best value, and customer favorite.

The hotel amenities are:

- Restaurant(s)

- Fitness Center

- Spa Services

- Business Center

Review from previous guest at this hotel:

- This is a superb hotel centrally located in Montreal's downtown. You are minutes away from the Information Centre, the Metro, and Underground Montreal's shopping network. The property is a jewel. It offers a beautiful view of Mont Royal. 1st rate in every respect. What a find!"

Hotwire says that the hotel has a 4.0 out of 5.0 ranking at tripadvisor. Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, and Hyatt Regency Montreal have a 4.0 out of 5.0 ranking at tripadvisor, while Inter-Continental Montreal have 3.0 out of 5.0 ranking at tripadvisor.

To check further which hotel this could be I checked the hotel packages at Hotwire. The only 4 * hotel available during my days, with the same hotel amenities as above, is the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal.

However, Hotwire say that the retail price is $136.58, and the only hotel that has that average rate during my days at Expedia.com is the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel. Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel also offers a view of Mont Royal.

I thought that this 4* hotel at hotwire was Hotel Omni Mont-Royal but perhaps it is the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel?

It appears to be a crap shoot between the Omni and Sofitel. (The Sofitel gets listed as either a 4.5 or 4, when listed as a 4 it appears to offer the same service list as the Omni) Both hotels are on Sherbrooke near Peel, which on the higher north facing rooms would offer an excellent view of the Olmstead Pavilion and the "mountain". The Sheraton does offer views of the mountain, although not as good as the two properties I indicated.

Furthermore, there isn't close access from the Sheraton to the "underground city" relatively speaking (which was mentionned in one of the customer reviews you quoted). The Omni is about half a block to the Peel Street entrance to the underground, and the Sofitel about 3/4 of a block. The Sheraton is about 2-3 blocks away.

If I were to bet however, I'd say it's the Omni. They've been in the midst of a protracted labour dispute with their staff, and there might be some incentive on the part of management to offer rooms at bargain rates.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Sheraton has previously been reported with the amenities above plus a pool icon, so that would lean me to believing that this is more likely the Omni than the Sheraton.

The Sofitel is currently rated 4.5* thru Hotwire, so i would presently rule that out.

You should also use our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST to help narrow down the choices when doing your research.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* Montreal (Downtown) Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

$91 ... 11/30/05-12/18/05

After a few days hesitation I finally decided to go for the 4* hotel available at Hotwire for $91, best value, and customer favorite.

The hotel amenities were:

- Restaurant(s)

- Fitness Center

- Spa Services

- Business Center

I made my hotwire purchases using the link at www.savingsbarn.com.

It was Hotel Omni Mont-Royal as I expected but I got a little lower price, $91, than the $95 I had then I asked for helping identifying the 4* hotel available at Hotwire during my days in Montreal. Expedia had $140.51 and Omni's own web page had $154.64, I saved about 41% using Hotwire than booking at Omni's own web page and about 35% compared to booking at Expedia. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]