Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Charleston (North Charleston - Airport - Coliseum) Radisson Charleston Airport

Skeet
By Skeet,
in

Bidding on 2-1/2* I tried Mount Pleasant and West Charleston zones with no luck up through $60.  The airport zone is a little north of where I wanted to be, but after a fail at $55, this one scored at $60.

Best listed rate is currently $139, so a bargain compared to that.  There was a listing on Hotwire that looks like it's this hotel at $65.  Reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed, with some pretty bad ones, so we'll see....

Started bids with PRICELINE link.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and hope the hotel will be better-than-expected.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating for this Price.line property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 weeks later...

Follow-up after our stay:

This hotel turned out to be rather bad, and bears the markings of a poorly managed, aging property.  Overworked front desk staff struggling to keep up; non-smoking property but room and halls reeked of smoke; evidence here and there of patch-work maintenance and slightly strange paint colors, pool atrium with overpowering chlorine smell.  Nothing was terrible, but we were glad to check out of this one.

I suppose the rate we paid was reasonable, but at the hotel's room rates this hotel would be a total rip off.  Not at all what I would normally expect from a Radisson!

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as well as you had hoped, and perhaps the 2.5* rating reflects your experience, given that most hotels within this chain are 3* or 3.5* rated (and a few even 4* rated)

Hope your future stays are more to your liking/expectations, and that at least the $60/nite provided a decent value.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for the follow-up! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]