Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Evanston - Skokie - Niles) Doubletree Hotel And Conference Center Chicago North Shore

Dunworkin
By Dunworkin,
in

So now I am back to Chicago to see the Cubs play at Wrigley and I am looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights 28, 29 July.   I have found the following hotels and would like help identifying them. 

Hotwire Easy View - O'Hare Airport South 3 Star $94 US/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Hotwire Easy View O'Hare Airport South 2 Star $52US/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Internet access

Hotwire Easy View - Magnificent Mile 2 Star $74US/ Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Priceline Express - O'Hare Airport South 3 Star $91 US/ Night

Free Internet in room
    Outdoor Swimming Pool
    Free Parking
    Pets Allowed

Restaurant
    Business Center
    Fitness Center

Priceline Express - O'Hare Airport South 2 Star $78US/night

Free Breakfast
    Free Internet in room
    Free Parking
    Pets Allowed

Restaurant
    Business Center
    Fitness Center

Trying to find a locale between Wrigley and Midway airport as we will be flying out of Midway on the 30th

thanks

It is a loooong way between Midway and ORD (I can't even imagine trying to get from Midway to O'Hare to check into the hotel - that would be one long trip), as well as a lengthy trip from ORD to downtown. You're looking at around 55-60 minutes from ORD to downtown on the subway, as well as then the additional trip North to Wrigley once you get downtown. 

In terms of the airport, when you have a 3* for $94 at the airport, I'd really rather recommend a 3* in the Mag Mile-River North area for $87 with fitness, business, internet, in-room accessible and roll-in shower. That's likely the Inn of Chicago. It gets somewhat mixed reviews, but it's an awesome location and personally, I'd much rather that for $87 than a lengthy and not particularly comfortable ride on the L out to ORD back and forth every day. 

Also, I'm looking at the Cubs schedule and these are night games. I just think you'll be much happier having to make your way back to the hotel near Michigan Ave. vs having to go all the way back downtown and then wait for a blue line train late at night for a 50-60 minute trip NW to OHare.

The 2* Mag Mile has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess possibly the Ohio House Motel or a new amenity set for the Howard Johnson - for around $10 more, the 3* seems like an appealing upgrade. I would really not recommend a 2* by O'Hare for $78 when there is a 3* downtown for a little bit more, especially given the time and cost of getting downtown from ORD.

Additionally, I think given the $87 3* HOTWIRE listing, my thought would be to try bidding on PRICELINE to see if you could get a 3* for possibly around the mid-$70's.

If there was a substantial price difference between downtown and ORD, I'd say consider staying downtown, but given the similarity in prices (and especially having to fly in/out of Midway), I would really recommend staying downtown.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip... it all depends how actual demand comes in relative to expected demand.

There is a further discussion on this topic in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last stop on our Baseball Park Adventure - 2 nights in Chicago 28, 29 July.  Taking the advice of board members and trying to get downtown somewhere close to Wrigley Field.  Have found the following possibilities that I would like help identifying.

Hotwire - Magnificent Mile Area - River North 3* $86 US

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Roll-in shower

Hotwire - Magnificent Mile Area - River North 2* $71US

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Hotwire - Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park 2* $83US

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

thanks

I would be very cautious regarding 2*'s downtown. Some are okay while I think others are not (including a couple South of the river.)

2* Downtown-Loop-Grant Park. I'd guess this is the Travelodge. I really wouldn't recommend this listing.

3* Mag Mile-RN - this would likely be the Inn of Chicago. Of the three, this is the most appealing choice.

2* Mag Mile-RN - this listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. Perhaps the Ohio House?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ok, checked out the Inn of Chicago and I don't think it will work as most of the pictures only show Queen or King Beds and I need 2 beds in each room.  Now looking at

Hotwire 4* Hot Rate Boutique Hotel
Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area - $109 US/night

Amenities

• Free Internet
• Pet friendly
• Boutique Hotel
• Smoke Free Rooms
• Fitness Center
• Restaurant(s)
• Business Center
• Golf Nearby

It has a 90% approval rating and to all ends looks like a good candidate if you could let me know your best guess.

thanks\

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, since you are looking for more than one bed in the room, are you searching for more than quad occupancy per room? (how many rooms/adults/children are you including in your search?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, the same hotel deal doesn't show up on Hotwire Easy View but there is a four star in the same locale that is listed for $115 US vice the $108US listed.  Hitting the green button brings up.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

I see there is a warning on the easy view that this might happen so if it is the same hotel then I guess the best plan is to book via the main Hotwire site.

As for the room setup, there are 4 adults with the 2 guys sharing a room and the 2 women sharing the other room so having 1 queen bed per room won't work.

thanks

Sorry, the same hotel deal doesn't show up on Hotwire Easy View...

If a hotel is not appearing in the EASY VIEW you can do the following to view the complete amenity set:

search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

As for the room setup, there are 4 adults with the 2 guys sharing a room and the 2 women sharing the other room so having 1 queen bed per room won't work.

How many guests are you including in your search? If searching for 2room/4adults there is no way to ensure a room with two beds. If you change your search to 2room/4adults/4children the room will be guaranteed to accommodate everyone you include in your search, so this should ensure separate sleeping accommodations in each room (usually two beds, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc)... but when searching for more than double occupancy the offers and/or price may change.

Ok, did the adult and children search to ensure 2 beds and now have the following offers on Hotwire Easy View

3.5*  Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower  $98 US/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

3* Magnificent Mile Area - River North $96 US/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Roll-in shower

Any thoughts on these two ?

thanks

The Hotel Indigo Gold Coast would be my best guess for the 3.5* Water Tower property... the Inn of Chicago would be my guess for the 3* River North property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Didn't book anything last time round so now back looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights 28th, 29th of July for 4 adults that require separate beds in each room so now doing the 4 kid thing.   Have found the following on Hotwire Easy View - Evanston-Skokie-Niles 3 * $87US/night 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Also have Evanston-Skokie-Niles 3.5 * $103US/night

Thoughts on what these hotels might be.

thanks

I'd guess the Holiday Inn Skokie for the 3* - not something I'd recommend.

Please confirm the amenities for the 3.5* and we would be happy to try to ID.

Keep in mind with the Evanston-Skokie zone, it goes pretty far West. Evanston is great in terms of public transit, but Skokie is definitely less convenient.

Sorry, missed that part - ha ha.

Evanston-Skokie-Niles.  3.5* $103US/night.  Amenities are"

Free Parking
    Free Internet
    Indoor pool(s)
    Fitness Center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center
    Self service laundry
    Internet access
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility
    Accessible bathroom
    Handicapped parking
    Roll-in shower

thanks

The 3.5* would likely be the Doubletree in Skokie. Nice hotel, but not right by transit. 

I think the note that I have with the Skokie area is that it depends on how late you're going to be out. I don't know exactly, but I think some of the buses stop later in the evening. If you stay further North, it's a short drive to a Metra station and then you can take the Metra downtown - the Metra trains stop around Midnight.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.e

Thanks AaronJB - you nailed it - looks like a nice hotel and will meet our requirements nicely.     You guys have been great help in booking great spots over the 4 cities and I will add reviews of each place after I stay there.

cheers

Brent

Glad you are pleased with the result 

I'm very familiar with the area - please let me know if you have any questions. There is a Jewel grocery store half a block South on the same side of the street for snacks/drinks. I'll also note that on the opposite corner of the hotel is the Old Orchard Mall, which is a very nice outdoor mall that has a lot of stores fairly similar to what you see on Michigan Ave.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Very nice hotel with indoor/outdoor pool and hot cookies at the front desk.   Located in the N end of Chicago in a very nice neighbourhood.  Shopping centre across the street and 1/2 mile up the road and also 20 mins from Cubs free parking and free ballpark shuttle which was greatly appreciated.   Very happy with this pick

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]