good convertible bid for oakland airport?

dollarstretcher14
By dollarstretcher14,
in

First I want to write that I LOVE this website!! I have been a priceline "name your own price" winner so many times and always been so happy with hotel savings.  I wish I would have found this site earlier so that I could have shared my bids!  I will now...

What I am new to is car rental bidding...

Wanting a good deal on a rental Oakland, CA airport pick up/drop off for middle of sept for 4 days.  Would love to get a great deal on convertible... looking for help on realistic winning bids?  If cannot, we would love to know how low to bid on compact/economy rentals since we don't need the room..

Just playing around with priceline the other day I lost on the convertible, but was offered a $13/day on something else... how did that happen? Should I have taken that deal or did that mean I could have gotten a compact for lower? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us too! :)

What are the actual dates of your rental? What was the amount of your previously rejected bid (when you offered a different car class for $13/nite)?

Using our Car Rental Checker what is the best rate you're able to find for a convertible for your dates?

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actual dates most likely will be Sept 12 - 15.  

I believe I tried $22, then $25 for the convertible.  I know these are extremely low, but like I said I was just testing it out.  I have a rental already reserved with free cancelation so that I don't have to be concerned with not getting one.

I will check your car rental checker for prices.. thank you!

Actual dates most likely will be Sept 12 - 15.

You previously mentioned a 4 day rental... is your drop-off time after your pick-up time (making this 3 day date range a 4 day rental OR have your dates change?)

When will your plans be firm, as i wouldn't recommend bidding just yet if your dates are not firm and you will have an issue if you need pick the car up a day earlier OR drop it off a day later than what you reserve for.

Using the 3 day rental above, at current rates you're likely looking at $50-$60 for a convertible... an economy/compact substantially less at the $12-$15 area.

What is the rate of your back-up? How much more are you willing to pay for a convertible vs. an economy?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not sure about the drop off/pick up times yet, so I just made a tentative rental for afternoon pick up/ noon drop off.  I guess that's a 3 day rental then.  

I guess I would be willing to pay $40 or less/day for the convertible, as its just a bonus.  

After seeing the rates for the economical cars, I will for sure at the very least bid on those and then cancel my back up reservation - which is about $45/day with all taxes and fees.

Will be watching for other winning bids for hotels and cars for this stay to gauge my bid....

Thanks again!!

Let us know once your plans/dates/times are firm and we'll have a look at current rates at that time.

For help with a hotel for this trip feel free to start a NEW TOPIC... as well as sign up for an alert using our new site RateDrop.com ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]