Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus - Meadowlands) La Quinta Inn and Suites Secaucus-Meadowlands

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I entered 3 adults in hopes of getting a room with two beds as I was traveling with my daughter. Upon check in, I was told that Hotwire had specified a room with a king bed and a sofa bed, and because it was a third party reservation, there were no changes. I asked if the hotel was sold out for tonight, and was told no. I asked if there were any rooms with two beds and asked for an upgrade. I was told it would cost $10 and agreed.

I probably stayed here about 8 years ago, but it is really getting a bit worn. The sofa was sagging a bit and the mattresses were only doubles, not queens. Its a solid 2.5* and for the price paid a good deal, I'm pleased with the results. We were able to catch the Route 320 bus to NYC across the street, the trip into Manhattan was about 25 minutes and $7.90 roundtrip, a bargain. There are several restaurants in the area as well as some shopping. The rack rate was $165, so I was pleased with the results.

Here are the amenities:

Hotel Amenities

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Hotwire Hot Rate $86.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $25.05

Trip Total: $111.05

As always, I used the WinAlerts app to book this and simultaneously check rates on PRICELINE and Hotels..com.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear you needed to pay for an upgrade to two beds, but at least it was an option, and glad to hear this property worked well for your needs and you found it to be a good value for the price paid.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]