Priceline Hotel: San Antonio 4* Sea World-Lackland

Debbs0723
By Debbs0723,
in

Hello.  The last two summers I was lucky enough to score the Hyatt Hill Country Resort on Priceline because it was the only "Resort" listed in that area of town.  This year it is not listed as a resort but does show up as the only 4* in that area with a price of $211 on the days I want it.  However, when I go to name your own price it is broken down to a smaller area  of Sea World area, which is correct.  However, it says median retail price is $166 for a 4* so that makes me think there are more hotels than just the one 4*.  I looked on your list and it shows the Hyatt as the only 4* as well.  Any advice on this?  

(Also last time I posted you asked that I go update my San Antonio post.  I just looked at that post and it was updated.  I think there was some confusion because I had also asked about seattle then ended up going to San Antonio instead. )

Thanks so much,

Debbie

Also last time I posted you asked that I go update my San Antonio post. I just looked at that post and it was updated.

We still need you to post your dates for this stay. And please post the details for your second Hyatt hill country resort won on PRICELINE in a separate topic. Thanx!

Also, please provide a follow-up for your prior Fort Lauderdale Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Always follow-up your threads with whatever you decide to do for the stay (even if you don't use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc). This helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I went back to my profile on my posts and think I updated all.

Can you please further provide the information requested in your Priceline Fort Lauderdale thread. Thanks.

...does show up as the only 4* in that area with a price of $211 on the days I want it.

The 'retail' side and the 'bidding' side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, so don't use what is showing on one side of their service to determine what you will get thru the other side of their service.

...it says median retail price is $166 for a 4* so that makes me think there are more hotels than just the one 4*.

Ignore the 'retail price' shown by PRICELINE... we've seen many situations where the price doesn't make any sense and it's not meaningful in helping with any bidding strategy.

There is no way to know if the Hyatt is the only 4* hotel currently working with PRICELINE in this zone, as new hotels can be added, removed, upgraded, or downgraded at any time. Are you willing to accept any 4* hotel in this zone OR is the Hyatt the only one that you're willing to stay in for this stay? What are the dates you need?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay.  Thanks so much for all the help.   I think I answered everything on the Ft. Lauderdale post.  As far as the San Antonio thing goes, I will probably need to scratch this idea.  That hotel is the destination itself so it would be a big deal if we did not get it.  Once we get there we don't leave the entire time we are there.  It would be a little risky to book and hope for it.  I wish they still had resort as a listing.  That made it really easy.  If I decide to take the chance, I will come back and update. Here is the interesting thing though.  The Hilton by Sea World used to be considered 4* on PRICELINE and now it is not.  I've researched and know the area really well and there is not another 4* in that area.  Still a little risky I guess.   

Thanks again,

Debbie

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Can you please further follow-up your Fort Lauderdale thread with the amenities that HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]