Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Coral Gables - Coconut Grove) Mayfair Hotel And Spa

Juninhobr
By Juninhobr,
in

I've gotten good 9 day bids.  On the other hand, one major 1 day event in the middle of 4 or 5 days can create real problems.  

The answer is "...it depends".

Take a look at individual day rates for your visit, and determine if they are pretty much all the same or there is a lot of variance.  

You can do this all sorts of ways - Hot.wire or Priceline.Express one day at a time, or on hotel web sites in your desired area(s).  

Things that can cause problems are weekends, holidays, big conferences, athletic events, cruise ship arrivals and departures, ... etc.  

Hot.wire seems to do better at averaging rates across big variances.  Sometimes Price.line simply doesn't, and nothing works no matter how high one bids.

In larger cities, events can be sort of localized, only affecting immediate zones.  So the more zones you are willing to consider, the better chance you have at dodging the problem.

Romelle

When bidding 4* in Miami you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Coral Gables...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Downtown and Coral Gables...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected, i think you'll likely be within $10-$15 of a win, so let us know if you'd like to try again with a slightly higher bid amount OR lower your star rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* - Miami - Coral Gables - Coconut Grove Area - 05/21 - 05/28

Hi,

Can help with this hotel?

$104.00 / night

Check-in: Wed, May 21, 2014

Check-out: Wed, May 28, 2014

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Wheelchair accessible

95% recommended

Tripadvisor: 4 out of 5.0

Thank You

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Best guess would be Hyatt Coral Gables.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up your previous Las Vegas Hotwire thread with whatever you chose to do for that stay. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Dear yellowdog,

Sorry about the different threads. I thought it needed to be separated because one was about Priceline and the other was about Hotwire. Be sure I will give it together.

I updated the thread about Las Vegas.

About your guess for the Hotwire: Hyatt Coral Gables => What is the chance to be Sonesta Hotel and Suites?

Thank You.

No, I don't believe this is the Sonesta Hotel and Suites Coconut Grove.

I'll stick to Hyatt Coral Gables.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Hi yellowdog,

I lost that deal. I really appreciate if I had the chance to bid that opportunity for Hyatt Coral Gables.

Lost Hotwire deal, but, I received a 24h Priceline Coupon for 7% discount and decide to bid some more times.

I won Mayfair Hotel And Spa 4* for US$104 (before 7% coupon), Total with taxes US$ 793.17

05/21/14 - 05/28/14 - 7 nights

I really not too happy about the deal after read the latest reviews from Tripadvisor. The hotel are under renovation and people wrote about some troubles. But I will really  know about the hotel when I be there.

Be sure I use PRICELINE link.

Thank for your support.

Juninhobr

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]