Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Ivy Boutique Hotel

strong
By strong,
in

I am looking for a hotel oct 16-20 in the mag mile water tower area. There is 3.5 star hotwire rating and 4.0 trip advisor rating 85% recommended. Free Internet , pet friendly boutique, smoke free, business center, restaurant, fitness center, golf nearby. Any guesses or recommendations for these dates. Looking to stay under $200

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Chicago Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

For the above listing:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi, I did the search again using the BiddingHelper.com link, thx!

Here are the ammentities

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

3 1/2 stars $155/night

Also see 4 star $170/night ( both mag mile north/water tower)

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thanks so much for your help

The 3.5* would be a possible match for the Indigo. I'd guess the 4* would be a possible match for the Whitehall. While the Whitehall is a somewhat better location than the Indigo, the Indigo is still in a very nice area and I think is a nicer hotel option. Out of those two, I'd rather the Indigo for $15 less.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you, we have stayed T the indigo before and do agree it is a great hotel. Us coming in from colorado for only one weekend a year, we prefer to be closer to michigan ave etc.. I have used the link you provided again and am seeing a 4 1/2 star with ammentities:

USD

per room per night*

Continue

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

Amenities Include: Free Internet and more...

FULL AMENITIES

click here

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Last time we went we stayed at the James and LOVED it. Can you help on what this one may be? Do you have any suggestions that might get us the James or similar? Mostly loved the guy, and location.

Thx!!

Last time we went we stayed at the James and LOVED it. Can you help on what this one may be? Do you have any suggestions that might get us the James or similar? Mostly loved the guy, and location.

The James isn't located in the Mile North - Water Tower zone. You need to look in the MMA-River North zone.

Do you see anything in the MMA-River North zone that is within your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Just noticed my typo, it was supposed to say I loved the GYM and location. Haha. So I searched again mma-river north I'm seeing a 4* 100% customer satisfaction 4.5 on trip advisor. $201

Amenities

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

The ivy does interest me though! Going to do some looking. Can't find any gym pics or info. Says there is one? Anyone know?

Thanks so much, you are all so helpful :)

AaronJB may have some info on the gym at the Hotel Ivy but i have no additional information on this.

With the 4.5./5.0 TA rating of the 4* River North property above, my best guess for this one would be the Hotel Palomar.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What I'm seeing:

4.5* Mag Mile N-Water Tower: Free Internet,Boutique Hotel,Smoke Free Rooms,Restaurant(s).internet access. As I mentioned above, this is likely the Ivy. The Ivy does not have a fitness center, but a number of reviews have said that they provide a pass for a nearby fitness club. This is a small building next to where the Museum of Contemporary Art used to be and I was kind of surprised that it was being turned into a hotel. It is in an excellent location and the small nature of the building does lead to a boutique property that is very much a boutique with the potential for more personalized service, given that there's only a few rooms per floor. I'm seeing "1 left" on this listing, so this could be gone at any time.

I'd agree with the guess that the 4* River North-NMA area is the Palomar, especially given the 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page for the listing. That property is square in the middle of the restaurant-heavy River North area, and is also newer.

Unfortunately, these date/s are expensive, but in these two listings, you do have a couple of very appealing choices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]