FL Tampa Radisson Bay Harbor Airport TPA Westshore

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

Lower end of 3* hotel category......didn't have enough people working the front desk. Crabby Bill's restaurant looked decent but didn't try it. Woman next to me bought a room on the spot and they asked her if she wanted a view of the water, and then 5 seconds later the hotel staff checked me in and didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted a view of the water and they put me in a parking lot view room. The King size bed was amazingly hard for a hotel chain which is now advertising in TV commericals that they have adjustable beds in the rooms, wish this had one. The balcony would've been nice if I would've had a view of the water, like mentioned previously. Hotel was a little on the small size overall, elevator was very rocky, slow, and old. They had room service available. The hotel and it's location was safe and clean. I've stayed at the Quorum, Wyndham, Radisson which are all in the Westshore/Airport zone and for me the Radisson ranks #3 on my list with the Quorom ranking #1 for 3* hotels. Also, I had a problem with the electronic door lock's battery pack failing and having to have maintenance fix it which was a big inconvenience just after checking in only an hour earlier. I can't complain with paying only $50 a night thru Name Your Own Price, the woman at check-in next to me was paying $109 a night. The hotel was very quiet and the parking lot was pretty empty, but that's because very few people were staying there. Front desk was very slow even when they have to me, very slow to take down lots of information for such a cheap hotel stay. Front desk staff seemed pretty incompetent overall. I'll be back in this area again in the upcoming months but next time I'll go back to my 4* hotels for a while.

• 10 months later...

Little update. I emailed the hotel requesting two beds and a smoking room. Was staying with my brother. They emailed me back and said that it is all set. I got to hotel and was offered the smoking room overlooking the parking lot, or could take a nonsmoking room overlooking the bay, but they would send up an ashtray and could smoke on the balcony. I took the view of the bay. They put me up on the 6th floor which was the top floor. The view was great, and after driving around area. I think we had the best view of the bay compared to where the other hotels were located nearby. The room was nice. The only bad part was that the pool was closed all weekend. But there was a public beach walking distance from the hotel. The water was not that deep at the beach. Clearwater beach which was about 15 minute drive was much nicer. They did have a nice bar at the hotel that was outside and had live music saturday night. They have three volleyball courts and jetski rentals also. Hotel was about 5 minutes from the airport. Overall nice place except for pool being closed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]