Priceline Hotel: 4* London - bidding help? 26 June - 3 July

aeh2
By aeh2,
in

Hello! 

I've tried to figure this out myself but I'm having a hard time...hope you can help!

I currently have a reservation (cancelable) for 7 nights, 26 June-3 July, at the Travelodge London Docklands for (on average) $126/night. I'm hoping I can get a 4* -- or even a 3*, since it seems the Travelodge is a 3* -- in a more central London location. I'd be willing to bid up to $135. 

I'm not very familiar with London, but these neighborhoods look ideal to me (however, I'd love advice/suggestions):

The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral (good because I'll be seeing a play at Shakespeare's Globe)

Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria

Mayfair - Soho

Bloomsbury - Marble Arch

Kensington - Earl's Court

...but really, I'm open to anything that would be interesting and convenient Tube-wise, except for Notting Hill (which I thought was too crowded last time I visited).

Any help and advice would be appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

A 4 star at $135 or less may be difficult, and a 3.5* i would put your odds at 50/50, but you can start with the following, and if rejected there may be some alternate ideas which we can explore.

When bidding 3* or 4* in London you have no re-bid zones.

Select 4* The City...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Westminster...

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Select 4* Kensington...

Select 4* The City and Westminster...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury...

Select 4* Kensington and The City...

Select 4* The City and Mayfair...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Westminster and Bloomsbury...

Select 4* Kensington and Westminster...

Select 4* The City and Bloomsbury...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Westminster and Mayfair...

Select 4* Kensington and Mayfair...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Bloomsbury...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Kensington...

Select 4* The City, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* The City, Bloomsbury, Kensington...

Select 4* Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Kensington...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Bloomsbury, Kensington, The City, Westminster...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Bloomsbury, Kensington, The City, Mayfair...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury, Kensington...

Bid $135

If the above is rejected close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and try again at the 3* level. If that too is rejected we'll highlight a few other options you may have (or you can choose to wait it out and try again in the days/weeks ahead)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can also take a look at the pl.Express Deals for your dates -- NYOP will come in at less than that for those dates, anywhere from a couple of dollars to a lot of dollars less. At least you'd know the most you'd be looking at needing to pay and which zones are offering the best prices.

Thank you, thereuare! I went through the steps you provided, following the PRICELINE link each time, with 4* and was not successful. I guess my next step is to try for a 3* as you suggest...although I'm now contemplating increasing my top bid, because it looks like either the Doubletree or the Novotel Waterloo (in Westminster) is available for $169 on Hotwire right now, for all 7 nights. Any thoughts about that? This is a work trip but I'd also like it to feel like a vacation, so I'm torn.

Anyway: many thanks for your help, and I'll keep trying! 

What are the amenities you're seeing for what you believe to be the Doubletree and/or Novotel Waterloo... as i'm seeing what looks like the Park Plaza Riverbank London in the Westminster zone when i'm searching for your dates above.

Regardless, how high would you be willing to bid on PRICELINE at this point in order to stick with the 4* rating?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for checking HOTWIRE, thereuare... The amenities listed are Free Internet, Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center and the accessibility listed is In-Room Accessibility and Wheelchair accessible -- and now that I'm looking more closely at the accessibility info (hadn't noticed that before) I think you're right, it looks like this might be the Park Plaza Riverbank. It seems to have okay reviews but as a pre-paid discount purchaser it seems likely I'd be facing the train tracks, which is fine but something to consider. I think I feel comfortable going up to $150/night, that's about $200 more than my current booking at the Travelodge in the Docklands...

If you're willing to bid up to $150 you can re-try:

Select 4* The City...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Westminster...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Select 4* Kensington...

Select 4* The City and Westminster...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Kensington and The City...

Select 4* The City and Mayfair...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Westminster and Bloomsbury...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Kensington and Westminster...

Select 4* The City and Bloomsbury...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Westminster and Mayfair...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Kensington and Mayfair...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Bloomsbury...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Kensington...

Select 4* The City, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Bloomsbury, Kensington...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Kensington...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Bloomsbury, Kensington, The City, Westminster...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* Bloomsbury, Kensington, The City, Mayfair...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICE.LINE...

Select 4* The City, Westminster, Mayfair, Bloomsbury, Kensington...

Bid $150

I will also add that if The Docklands is acceptable, HOTWIRE has what looks like the Novotel London Excel for $134/nite in their equivalent zone.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]