Hotwire Hotel: 3* Columbia (Northeast) Wingate By Wyndham - Columbia - Northeast Ft. Jackson

Guido
By Guido,
in

Please follow-up your previous threads:

Hotwire Orlando

Hotwire Montreal

Montreal hotel (2nd half of stay)

... then reply to this thread and we will have a look at the offer above.

Please remember 'close' your threads with whatever you decide to do for each stay (even if you book direct, cancel the trip, etc) as it helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as it a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Are your plans for this trip firm?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing the original amenity set above (including Free Parking)... my guess for this one would be the Wingate by Wyndham - Columbia/Ft. Jackson.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (our the links in our Support Page if you decide to book direct)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

THank you for your fast replies! I appreciate. According tripadvisor it is only a 2.5 star instead of 3 and only 66% instead of 85% recommend this hotel. Would you still support it is Wingate?  I don't feel like to stay in a 2.5 star but more in a minimum 3 star.

It is not unusual for star ratings to vary from service-to-service - I've occasionally seen hotels show at three different star ratings on three different services. Additionally, the % recommended showing on HOTWIRE is not the tripadvisor % recommended, it is the % for HOTWIRE customers.

How do you want to proceed from there... is there an interest in this property or is there another HOTWIRE offer that is within your desired star rating and budget?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

As I find holiday in  compared to wingate a huge difference in service/quality. I came across microtel which have good reviews but it is a lower star but with free parking and breakfast too. I am thinking and surely will let you know.

I believe THIS ONE is the Microtel you're considering, which is 1 star rating by PRICELINE (so regardless if some other site calls it 2*, 3* or whatever star, you're not comparing apples-to-apples)

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but this property can be booked HERE for $282 all-in for your dates, if you're still interested in this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or i fwe can be of further help.

While perhaps a little better, the current one is 2 stars rated by Priceline so you're still not comparing apples-to-apples based upon the star rating of some other service.

Both the Wingate and the Microtel are operated by Wyndham, and while there can be differences from one property to the next, the Wingate is generally considered a higher rated hotel within the chain.

Also, while reviews can be helpful, you have to put them in context too... somebody paying for a 5* hotel is paying a lot and it can be hard to live up to those expectations, so guests may leave disappointed in some aspects and leave less than stellar reviews... a guest at a 1*/2* hotel may not expect much and the hotel will exceed their expectations (simply by having a nice breakfast buffet or a decent brand of toiletries in the room). In this situation the 1*/2* may have bettter reviews than the 5* hotel, but the 5 star hotel is probably a better overall experience (regardless of the reviews).

Let us know what you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Understand your point. When clicking on your PRICELINE link I see now a 2.5 star in the northeast area with free breakfast, internet in room outdoor swimming pool business center fitness center. Could this be a holiday inn? Thank you for sorting this out. I am almost there I hope.

Several hotel fits this description so I don't believe we can pinpoint this property.

But Wingate or Best Western Plus would be possibilities.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

But Wingate or Best Western Plus would be possibilities.

I agree that both the above are possibilities, but will also add to the list of possibilities the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. While individual properties may vary, on a 'brand' basis, i think all of these would be higher rated than any Microtel (as is reflected in the 2.5* rating for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to you're pleased with your decision and the outcome.

Can you please reply to this thread indicating which service you bought this hotel from (HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS) as well as confirm the room rate per nite and the dates of your stay.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]