Occupancy Hotwire vs Priceline

byeloe
By byeloe,
in

I was checking rates in DT Toronto for Dec 2 and found 4* for 2 people $76 when searching for 4 people the 4* price jumped to $108. This was not surprising, but it got me thinking.

Do you think that hotels will start charging extra for 2 Beds when requested through a Priceline bid or is Hotwire just cashing in on something that can usually be had for free with a simple phone call?

Have read that of late some hotels like Extended Stay now charge extra for 2 beds if the room was won on Priceline. Another place I can recall is the Venetian which also charges extra for more than 1 bed.

Though it can be said that Hotwire is cashing in on it, paying for 4 people guarantees 2 beds. This cannot be guaranteed on Priceline and is always "subject to availability".

IMO if there is an opportunity for the hotel to make more profits, they would consider implementing this charge.

I've read of folks who have been charged for extra guests beyond 2 by the hotel

on a PL win. In particular the story I read (caveat -- internet story) the

party had their children with them and the California hotel tried to hit them

up with rack room rates when they checked in.

I have had an issue -- but I am prepared to only send my wife or I when I do check in if

I have the little one with us, just in case.

mike

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]