LAX-Munich direct seems to be hovering around $1400

webtraveler
By webtraveler,
in

Hello, This is my first post on this site.

Is it just the way it is, or could there be something or some way I am missing the deals. Travel points don't matter to me, but $1400 is out of my price range to go from LAX-Munich mid October 2014.

It unfortunately does need to be direct as my fused spine will barely last direct let alone several stop overs.

Any thoughts or suggestions, are most welcome.

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you much have a direct/non-stop flight then bidding on PRICELINE won't be of much help since you agree to accept at least up to one connection/layover when bidding on airfare thru their service.

Airfare rates have been increasing over the years as capacity has been taken out of the system and there are fewer and fewer seats available to travel each day (and this has also resulted in fewer empty seats on planes as well, with many flights being near capacity these days)

As well, it's Oktoberfest so a premium time to travel to this area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is pretty early for buying airfare for October.  Current "sales" are only into about June right now.

You might try setting "alerts" on at least some of these web sites:

Kayak

FareCompare
Yapta  
TripAdvisor

When there is a price drop, you will get an email.  But do act right away then, as sometimes sales don't last very long.  

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you much have a direct/non-stop flight then bidding on PRICELINE won't be of much help since you agree to accept at least up to one connection/layover when bidding on airfare thru their service.

Airfare rates have been increasing over the years as capacity has been taken out of the system and there are fewer and fewer seats available to travel each day (and this has also resulted in fewer empty seats on planes as well, with many flights being near capacity these days)

As well, it's Oktoberfest so a premium time to travel to this area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you so much for a quick response! I am looking to go (after) Octoberfest, to avoid any extra airfare issues. My best friend lives out there now so hotels aren't even an issue. 

Thank you also for letting me know Priceline won't be of much help.

My brother told me this site was awesome and I appreciate your help!

Thanks Romelle. I will do just that and set alerts with those sites. I am a webmaster by trade and always have a smartphone on me to act when I see the sale.

That is also good to know the 'sales' are only into June. I am going to go after Octoberfest so my hope is that I will find a cheaper rate. I have yet to travel to Europe so this should be exciting!

Thank you again!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]