Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Club Quarters, World Trade Center

scrooge
By scrooge,
in

Can you offer any advice on booking a 4.5* or 5* in downtown/financial district?  I'd like to keep the cost as much under $300 as possible (maybe even under $250).  I must stay in Financial district (attending a conference) on April 29th. I'm interested in if there has been any success booking 4.5 or 5* in financial district and what the price was.

Thanks

To start your bidding, did you first want to try for a 5* up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 4.5*... OR is the goal the least expensive 4.5* or better for this stay?

Also, should we use $250 or $300 as your current maximum bid? (we will start lower than both, but a quick look at current rates leads me to believe it will likely take a little more than $300/nite for either a 4.5* or 5*)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, then maybe I'll need to move down to a 4*.  I noticed that the 5* is most likely the Conrad Hilton which is too far from where I'll be (NYSE).  So maybe if there is a 4* or 4.5* near NYSE, that would be better (and could lower the pricetag).  I don't really know how to work the Hotwire system, but maybe that would be a better way to go.  I've always used Priceline via Betterbidding, And to answer your question, my max bid is $250.  So I'd like to be within a few blocks of the NYSE and then pay the cheapest I can for a 4* (if I can get a 4.5* for under $250 and it's really close to the NYSE, I'll take it - otherwise, I'd rather pay less for the 4* and be closer to the conference).

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... what if your 4* PRICELINE bid was upgraded to the 5* Conrad Hilton (i don't think this is likely, but as you said this hotel was too far from the NYSE, is this a risk you're willing to accept?)

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Doubletree Financial District for $260/nite and google puts at an 8 minute walk to the stock exchange.

Also searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com '1 mile from New York Stock Exchange NYC' i see (conform dates on landing page):

3.5* Club Quarters Wall St for $269/nite which is 3.5* rated but only 2 short blocks to the NYSE

4* World Center Hotel for $279/nite which is 3-4 blocks from the NYSE

Your thoughts on the above and/or how you'd like to proceed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If there was a meaningful enough discount to the "for sure" prices (i.e. double tree is going for $260, if i could get a 4* for under $215, I'd take the risk that it's in the financial district, but may not be as close - even if it were the Ritz).

Does that help?  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

When bidding 5* in NYC you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 5* Downtown-Financial and re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250

If that is rejected, do you want to drop right to the 4* level OR is there some 4.5* bidding that you wanted to try? If 4.5* bidding what is your maximum bid at that star level?

I tried for the 5*.  I started bidding at 205 and went all the way up to $325 with no luck.

I switched to 4* (not as many rebid options).  Started at 150 and bid up to $210.

At that point, I was out of bids.  I ended up using your link and used Priceline.express deal where I knew what hotel I was going to get.  I got the Club Quarters World Trade Center for $225 ($300 after tax). for 4/29 (1 night)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]