Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding San Diego, CA

VenomZeus
By VenomZeus,
in

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get hotels during the comic con dates (even though I didn't end up getting comic con tickets I would still like to go for other events).

I tried going as high as $350 for 3 stars and above for these areas:

-Downtown - Harbor Island

-Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center

Anything under in terms of stars I went up to $200.

I kind of want to be in the downtown area. Are there any other San Diego areas that are nearby in terms of a shuttle so I can bid at a lower price?

Thanks!

Welcome back. :)

I don't know specific transportation options in this area, but you use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to search almost any address in the world and easily see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location (NOTE: after your search, if you click the PRICE heading at the top of the list on the left side of the page the results will sort from lowest to highest)

As an example, least expensive hotel i found for your dates:

Super 8 National City for $161/nite ($189/nite refundable if you want to use a as a back-up)

I think took the address of this hotel and entered into Google Maps to the convention center:

5 miles driving (so you can figure how much a taxi may cost)

30 minutes via mass transit

From there you can repeat with other hotels that may be close to this price and make a decision based upon price/convenience.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]