Priceline Hotel: advice for victoria B.C. fall bidding for 4star

owenclay
By owenclay,
in

I live in a Seattle Suburb and I'm trying to help my parent set up an affordable stay in Victoria, B.C from Nov. 21-23, 2005.

On the posts reporting prices for 4 star hotels in Victoria I see winning bids that are anywhere from $70 to $115. My guess is that it depends on the season. Does anyone know what I should bid for a 4 star hotel during the week a few days before thanksgiving. Is this a big tourist time and am I going to have to pay the higher dollar amount or will I be able to get if for the lower dollar amount?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I'm new at this site and I love it's usefulness. I live in a seattle suburb. My Midwest parents are going to visit me for a week around Thanksgiving. They want to go on a small trip and I would love to suggest Victoria B.C. Does anyone have some advice on what I should bid for a 4 star hotel for Nov. 21-23, 2005. In the reports I see prices ranging from $70 to $115. Does anyone know if I have a shot at $75 for a 4 star hotel?

thanks

Maybe Scorp will have some ideas too.

Ha, yes I do! But WillTravel's suggestion to check out the Tourism site is a good one.

I think $75 is almost right on the money for a successful Priceline bid for Victoria for your parents' dates. You are most likely to get the Marriott which is a very nice hotel in a very good location (although there is still some construction going on around there, so might want to ask for a room away from that side of the hotel).

Also, I see that Wharfside Eatery has a promotional coupon on their Web site that gives 50% off all entrees for the coupon holder and their companion. Check out their Menus and print the coupon

here.

And the Marriott sells Dinner for Two Gift Certificates on their web site for $90. This includes a four-course dinner for two, plus all taxes and gratuities. (Alcohol is excluded.) If you check the menu for Fire and Water (the Marriott Victoria's restaurant), this actually isn't a bad offer (although you have to allow for the exchange rate differences when viewing the prices).

And yes, it has been raining here a lot lately, but let's hope for some sunny days later this month!

I agree with WillTravel, I think you got a great deal. And the QV is a nice hotel, not glitzy or brand-new, but I think you will be very happy there. And Samuel's isn't a bad restaurant, either. But your kids might like visiting the Old Spaghetti Factory, only a block away.

Check this site for a few suggestions for kids' stuff. You'll be right by the BC Museum, and close to the Inner Harbour, so you'll be able to walk to many things, or take one of the little Harbour Ferries.

For golf, Victoria Golf Club is a beautiful links-style course with several scenic holes right on the ocean, and near to downtown. I think it's about $90 for green fees. Bear Mountain is new and glitzy and offers some off-season deals (regular rate is about $90 - ask about discounted rates), but it's a 30 minute drive. Gorge Vale is a challenging course with quite a bit of elevation change and is about $60 and is also close to town. Cordova Bay (only $45) is a little further out, but a very nice course, and it has an adjoining 9-hole course ($25) that is suitable for beginners, if your boys are old enough for that? Cordova Bay is also right next to Matticks Farm Market, which has some interesting stores to visit.

Hope you have a great visit!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]