Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) Renaissance St. Pancras London Hotel

petersoni
By petersoni,
in

I am planning a European trip one city at a time and am hoping to take advantage of the collective wisdom of this board.

I like nice hotels and would much prefer to be near the major attractions.  I'm willing to pay a maximum of $200 per night (taxes included) and would prefer a 5*. (I would love to get a lower price, but this is probably about where I will need to be, correct?)

I am thinking Mayfair or Marble Arch, but if anyone has suggestions for where I would be better situated, I would love your feedback.

I will, of course, use the Priceline link and share my results.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I'm willing to pay a maximum of $200 per night (taxes included) and would prefer a 5*.

What is your maximum bid price for this trip... i think you're more likely looking at $200 before fees/taxes for a 5* hotel in one of these two zones for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A really good way to get a sense of the highest you'd have to bid to get a room in your chosen zone is to take a look at what they have for pl Express. NYOP always comes in cheaper than that, sometimes by only a few dollars, sometimes a LOT more. In looking at that, it might be tough to get something under $200 for the zones you like for 5*. They've got 4* in Notting Hill with a 9 rating for $213. I'd be interested in bidding on that zone since I really like it and the hotels there tend to be nice ones. It might be the Hilton Hyde Park which has a great location and is a decent property -- mind you, their worst hotel in that zone is a Hilton closer to Shepherd's Bush which my husband stayed at. He liked the property a lot, but it was a little ways out. A Mayfair 5* is at $267, and I have no idea at what price you'd win a bid on it -- but we know that's the highest you'd have to go if that's what you have your heart set on. I think it all comes down to whether it's price or location that are more important!

Thank you for your response!

So far I have bid up to $220 for a 5* to no avail.  I am going to keep trying as the days approach; maybe I will get lucky and something will open up!

I appreciate your suggestions.  As a person who has never been to London before, the various zones are something of a mystery to me.

As a person who has never been to London before, the various zones are something of a mystery to me.

You mentioned wanting to be "...near the major attractions " in London.  This site lists London's Top 10 Attractions.  There also is a map showing where they are.  If you spot them on the Priceline zone maps, maybe that will help you sort out the zones in which you'd like to stay.  

While the list I noted may not quite be your list, there are lots more on the web and in guide books.  Three days isn't a lot of time for a city as rich and complex as London.  You are right in wanting to be in the midst of things so you needn't spend too much time just getting to and from things.

With a tight schedule, a good technique is to use a "hop-on hop-off" tour that moves one from attraction to attraction.  

Romelle

Thank you!  Yes, I think a hop on, hop off bus is going to be ideal.  And I have heard that the London Pass is worth it.  I appreciate your suggestions.

I think these will be the zones I focus on:

Kensington/Earl's Court

Mayfair

The City/Tower Bridge

Do those sound like "good" zones for a London newbie?

So far I have bid up to $220 for a 5* to no avail.

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 5 Star Mayfair-Soho hotel for $220/nite with Pets Allowed and Free Internet amenities.

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but since you bid up to this same amount on PRICELINE for any 5* hotel in the zone, i would think this would be sufficient for your needs since it is 5* rated and within your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a 5* Mayfair Priceline Express right now for $246.   With the 15% discount obtained from clicking the code in thereuare's signature, the rate comes down to about $210.  

Priceline.Express deals seem to change fairly often.  

Romelle

To update the board:

I got other accommodations through a hotel hookup for 5/4 to 5/5.  I used the Priceline link here and the 15% discount code and bought a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) that ended up being the Renaissance St. Pancreas.  It looks like a lovely hotel.  With the 15% discount it was only $215 a night, which was in my range.

Thanks again for all of your help on the boards!

There is a 5* Mayfair Priceline Express right now for $246.   With the 15% discount obtained from clicking the code in thereuare's signature, the rate comes down to about $210.  

PRICELINE EXPRESS deals seem to change fairly often.  

Romelle

Hello, I was wondering about the 15% discount code that you mention.  I could not find any discount code in Thereuare's signature.  I'm sure it's something easy that I'm missing, but could you point me in the right direction?  A 15% discount on Express Deals brings the price way down!

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Thanks AaronJB.

How can I keep a lookout for those codes?  I'm planning a few hotel stays for the summer months and it seems that 15% off Express Deals beats or rivals the lower price range of Name Your Own Price.

Are the coupon codes listed on a particular part of the website?  I've been visiting the site regularly in the last week but I only discovered the existence of the codes by random luck.

Again, many thanks, and I will continue to use the links for my Hot.wire and Price.line purchases!

Zocalo

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]