Priceline Hotel: Priceline "bed choice available"

rubik9
By rubik9,
in

Looking to goto Vancouver BC, downtown coal harbour district July 2-4.

3 adults, 1 child. 

two double beds needed (at least).

Never used Price.line before, but through reading I understand that if I want a guaranteed occupancy for 4, use HOTWIRE, but Price.line seems to be better prices.

So does the term "Bed Choice Available" (found when doing a pl Express Search) mean that 2 double beds are an option?

Would love to get the Pan Pacific.  Found someone got that hotel for my exact dates for $165 ish/night.  But if it only sleeps 2... then it doesn't work....

Thanks

PRICELINE / PRICELINE EXPRESS don't use a zone with the name 'Coal Harbor' in the name (HOTWIRE does)... what is the PRICELINE EXPRESS zone where you're seeing the $165 PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and what is the star rating and other amenities associated with the offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE / PRICELINE EXPRESS don't use a zone with the name 'Coal Harbor' in the name (HOTWIRE does)... what is the PRICELINE EXPRESS zone where you're seeing the $165 PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and what is the star rating and other amenities associated with the offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

it is a 4 star.

the zone may not "specify" coal harbor... but the map area that is shaded is that of the downtown/coal harbor area.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you select on the listing, is two beds one of the options on the next screen?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes... there is a "two bed option" on the next screen.....

Zone:  Downtown Vancouver

Amenities: 

Free Internet in public areas

Indoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

bed choice available.

4 star (priceline rating)

164/night.

again.. my concern is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy.  What I don't understand is the "bed choice"... does this not allow for quad occupancy?

Sep issue/question

:

A different option would be to do the Name My Price option.... as I have been reviewing the "wins" and saw a win for the exact dates that I need for $156 for the Pan Pacific (Which I think is a 5 star)... but I would be worried that it wouldn't be quad occupancy....

What are the chances if I rolled the dice that I would get a room with occupancy for only two?

again.. my concern is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy.  What I don't understand is the "bed choice"... does this not allow for quad occupancy?

PRICELINE started as a 'bid only' company, but has evolved over time and expanded their product offering, now offering PRICELINE EXPRESS deals as well as 'regular' retail rates. They have kept their original occupancy policy in place (paraphrasing): "All rooms are for double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel."

If you look at the specifics of the "Bed Choice" it indicates '2 Beds Requested'. While i am not aware of any situation where a user booked a room indicated as two beds and didn't receive what they had booked, i supposed it's possible and/or has happened (just as hotels on occasion have overbooked and 'walk' a customer to a nearby property)

Personally i would feel comfortable booking a room as '2 Beds' and showing up with four, but technically the ultimate decision as to whether there would be an issue or not would be with the hotel, so it's a situation that you would need to be comfortable with to move forward with a PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

A different option would be to do the Name My Price option....

If you're concerned about booking a room with two beds and showing up with four people, are you really comfortable booking a room for double occupancy with no indication of room configuration?

What are the chances if I rolled the dice that I would get a room with occupancy for only two?

Too many variables to say how it would play out as hotel occupancy levels, what is available at the time you check-in, hotel policy, if rooms with two beds cost more than rooms with only one bed (which is the case and some hotels), even the mood of the front desk clerk plays a factor. The difference between the amount of the winning bid you think you can replicate and the PRICELINE EXPRESS property is $10/nite (even less using the 5% OFF discount link and code in my signature, which expires tonite at midnite EST, by the way)... is the increased risk worth a total of $20??

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]