Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Denver (Denver South - Park Meadows) Denver Marriott South At Park Meadows

cubbynole
By cubbynole,
in

Rolled the dice and "lost" by getting upgraded to a hotel class which will charge an extra $15/day for Wifi (of course I knew this was a possibility when I bid).  Was looking for a 3 star in DTC, South, or Cherry Creek - essentially used downtown as an extra rebid since I didn't expect anything to be accepted in that zone at that price.  Past wins in the area of the past couple of years were Hyatt Place Denver South and Courtyard by Marriott Tech Center, either of which is what I was expecting/hoping for this time around, but I'll make this property work.

Bid history:

$47 3* Denver Tech Center

$49 + Denver South

$51 + Cherry Creek

$53 + Downtown -- Accepted Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

• 2 months later...

Just to follow up with this and offer a hint to others that might win this property in the future.  The hotel was great, absolutely zero complaints.  Upon check-in, the desk agent asked if I would be using the internet in my room.  I replied "possibly", hoping to get a confirmation of price for the service; instead he said he would modify my reservation to the "e-bundle" package which includes wireless access, with the instructions to log into the internet from the room and there wouldn't be any additional charge.  Bottom line, if you are going to use the internet in your room and this package is offered, take it.  Admittedly, your mileage may vary, but worst case scenario, you'll get charged a daily fee, but you were going to spend that anyway; best case, it will get included in your prepaid rate, so you'll have no additional charge.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]