Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Toronto

Weldergirl74
By Weldergirl74,
in

Good evening to all. Just happened apon this site. Very happy.

I am looking to stay in downtown Toronto July 31-Aug 3 2014 with my 12 yr old daughter. We are heading to see her favorite band 1D. She is so excited.

I have a limited budget as we'll will be driving 9 hours to Toronto for this trip. No experience with using expedia, PRICELINE or Hot.wire. After reading these boards I will stay away from Expedia.

I have noticed that there are no listings for downtown Toronto. More east/ west etc. I would much prefer to stay close to the Rogers Center and not have to worry bout driving/parking. But on the other hand we would like to visit Canada's Wonderland as well, would Is Vaugh or Markham a good choice?.

Do the unpublished hotels must be paid in full / US dollars ? Any tidbits of info /suggestions are greatly welcome.

Would like to make my daughters 1st trip memorable..

Thank you in advance...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I have a limited budget...

What is your budget per nite before fees/taxes?

I have noticed that there are no listings for downtown Toronto. More east/ west etc.

If you using the BiddingHelper.com at the top of the board and search for Toronto and your dates, click the HOTWIRE tab (first one on the left) you'll see a map of how HOTWIRE divides this region into zones... there is not one 'Downtown' zone, but the area is divided into Downtown East and Downtown West. Rogers Centre is located in the southern part of the Downtown West zone, but keep in mind you can end up anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone(s) that you select.

You can then click the PRICELINE tab and see the zones they use to divided up this region (they actually THREE zones).

Do the unpublished hotels must be paid in full / US dollars?

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are paid in full and non-refundable.

Let's start with your expected budget and we will take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Budget in around 130.00 per night... Am curious about these unpublished hotels.. Are you further ahead to use or not? Looking for a 3 star hotel. Is there restrictions? Will be getting in late, 10ish. Rates are amazing just read stories where rooms were sold to other people. Can this happen?

I'm so new to this :/ what does this term bidding mean?

Bidding is placing a bid (figuring a reasonable price based upon the date/s, star rating and area) and then the service will search and see if a hotel will accept. The service may say no. If it does find a hotel that will accept based upon what you chose (star rating and zone), then you are locked into that hotel for that price for those date/s.

Occasionally, hotels overbook whether you are a discount rate customer or not. This is rare and should not be of great concern. If it does happen, then you should be compensated for the issue. If you are getting in around 10 that should be fine - you can let the hotel know, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Based on what I'm seeing I do think you will be able to get something within your desired budget, although more towards the high end.

In terms of Hot.wire, Rogers Centre (where I'm guessing the concert is) is in the Downtown West zone, but Downtown West is more expensive than Downtown East. The zones are close together and don't seem vast. If you are not right near Rogers Centre, it probably wouldn't be a major cab ride (and I'm guessing this concert is only one of the nights that you are there?)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Weldergirl, I live near Toronto and go there alot. If you want to go to Wonderland and the concert, you'll pay alot less for the hotel if you don't stay downtown.  Wonderland is in Vaughan, so that would be a great place to bid, there are many new hotels there. Which would have free parking.  Downtown hotels charge around $20 a night for parking.   I would suggest 3* and up, and since you aren't travelling for awhile, I would suggest bidding on Price.line at around $55, or less depending on whether or not there are HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS deals less than 65 for your dates.  Just rebid the next day rather than adding zones.

Unlikely you can walk to Wonderland from the hotels in Vaughan, but parking is like $10.  If you bring a cooler with food and leave it in your car, you can leave the park and go to your car and have a picnic, save alot of $ on Wonderland food which is not that great.  You can also leave the park and walk across Jane St to some restaurants.  There is a huge new mall in Vaughan called Vaughan Mills, and it has a legoland and a Bass Pro Shop.  There is also two huge movie theaters with games rooms in that area, one of them looks like a giant UFO.  Based on the hotel list here, if you bid North York/Vaughan zone 3*, the hotels are all in Vaughan, not North York.  To go to the Rogers Center from there, drive to Yorkdale Mall ( hwy 400 south to 401 east, exit at Yorkdale road) and take the southbound TTC subway to St. Andrew station, then walk west on King St and south on Blue Jays Way.  You can also take the subway to union station where there is a walkway to Rogers Center. Union is the stop for Air Canada Center as well. Or if you drive downtown there are small lots around Blue Jays Way/King St area that are less than the ones adjacent to the stadium. Hope this helps and you have a fun holiday.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]